1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Week 12 college football thread

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by Cosmo, Nov 16, 2020.

1. micropolitan guy

micropolitan guy Well-Known Member

Bullshit. San Jose State's game with Fresno got cancelled this week because of problems at FSU. SJSU and Stanford are about 20 miles apart, at the most. SJSU would jump at the chance to play, I'd think. Stanford doesn't want to get beat.

2. tapintoamerica

tapintoamerica Well-Known Member

Football coaches are also terrified of entering a game without having done 120 hours of scouting.
    I do wonder what would happen if such a game -- two neighboring schools, next to zero prep time -- were to take place. High scoring? Low scoring?

3. Songbird

Songbird Well-Known Member

It would be fun.

This season doesn't matter.

Invite San Jose up for the fun of it.

Wing the play calling and go with the flow.

Have fun with it.

Wenders likes this.
  4. micropolitan guy

Minnesota is the Boise State of the Big Ten. I think this is its third Thursday/Friday night game this year.

5. heyabbott

heyabbott Well-Known Member

6. tapintoamerica

By my count, 13 FBS head coaches -- 10% of the total -- have tested positive. Seems like a lot, but it may be representative of the actual prevalence of the virus throughout the country. These guys, after all, are tested whether symptomatic or not.
    By conference:
    Pac 12: 3 (Edwards, Kelly, Sumlin)
    Big Ten: 3 (Brohm, Chryst, Locksley)
    ACC: 2 (Diaz, Norvell)
    Big 12: 2 (Candle, Miles)
    SEC: 2 (Mullen, Pittman)
    SBC: 1 (Anderson)

7. UPChip

UPChip Well-Known Member

Might want to tune in for Jeff Brohm's presser. His Purdue club gets absolutely SCREWED at Minnesota when this go-ahead TD is wiped out due to a non-existent offensive pass interference call. QB threw an interception on the next play.

8. tapintoamerica

Only thing keeping Brohm from going full Howard Beale is the theoretical possibility of being suspended for a game.

9. micropolitan guy

That was an absolutely brutal call. That officials needs to be suspended for, say December.

10. Neutral Corner

Neutral Corner Well-Known Member

FIFY.

micropolitan guy likes this.
  11. UPChip

UPChip Well-Known Member

The way conditions are right now it's probably a greater punishment to make them keep doing games. Maybe they'll be on permanent Rutgers detail.

I Should Coco likes this.
  12. Cosmo

Cosmo Well-Known Member

Welp...

Draft saved Draft deleted