1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

All-purpose, running Geek thread (formerly Battlestar Galactica thread)

Discussion in 'Anything goes' started by Piotr Rasputin, Jan 31, 2007.

1. outofplace

outofplace Well-Known Member

If you watch the original animated Clone Wars, not the one that just ran a final season, they did a good job of establishing Grievious as a serious threat.

It is over two hours on YouTube, but worth watching. I think Grievous first shows up about halfway through.

2. Batman

Batman Well-Known Member

You're not the only one who thought that.

bigpern23 likes this.
  3. 2muchcoffeeman

2muchcoffeeman Well-Known Member

Mandalorian season premier has dropped on Disney+ … and obviously on all your favorite torrent sites.

4. bigpern23

bigpern23 Well-Known Member

Not a personal attack, but an observation because I see similar posts among my friends on FB. As a former journalist, an artist and someone who believes in protecting copyrights and intellectual property, I can't stand when people aren't willing to pay for good content. It has wrecked journalism in many ways, and it's not doing any favors for the entertainment industry, either. And, while I'm not one to cry for corporations, I lament the losses for consumers of news and media because so many people aren't willing to financially support the content that is important to us.

5. Mngwa

Mngwa Well-Known Member

Same. And I hate people they're usually in their late twenties or thirties who are all braggy about yeah I cut the cord. But then you find out that okay maybe they have Hulu for six bucks a month, but they're using their cousin's Netflix login and their mother's cable login to get some alternative channels and someone else's Disney login. They're just all a bunch of f****** cheaters.

OscarMadison and Batman like this.
  6. TheSportsPredictor

TheSportsPredictor Well-Known Member

I watch most everything through my jailbroke Firestick. For live sports, I find online streams. Library DVDs work well, too.

7. heyabbott

heyabbott Well-Known Member

I blame Judge Harold Greene, who broke up AT&T. And for all that work we still have AT&T and Verizon, which was Bell Atlantic after the break up. And COMCAST which was a AT&T company, or acquired a lot of post break up companies.

8. garrow

garrow Well-Known Member

9. Batman

Batman Well-Known Member

10. outofplace

‘The Mandalorian’: Katee Sackhoff On Darksaber Quest, Boba Fett & Potential Bo-Katan Spinoff

Most of this is article about Katee Sackhoff focuses on her return to the role of Bo-Katan Kryze on The Mandalorian. She provided the voice for the character on The Clone Wars and Star Wars: Rebels, then brought Bo-Katan to live-action in the most recent episode of The Mandalorian. Then there was a little nugget at the end, saying that she is not signed on for a reboot of Battlestar Galactica that is in production for Peacock. That leaves me with one question. Since when are they rebooting BSG again?!

That led me to do some reading. Apparently, it is not so much a reboot as a new story within the BSG mythology.

What To Expect From The Battlestar Galactica Reboot.

That has been tried before with Caprica, which wasn't very good. Perhaps this time around will be better.

By the way, for those who are fans of the show that spawned this thread, the mini-series and the full run are available on Peacock.com, which is free.

Last edited: Nov 19, 2020
  11. outofplace

12. JayFarrar

JayFarrar Well-Known Member

Draft saved Draft deleted