1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Muh Muh Muh My Corona (virus)

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by Twirling Time, Jan 21, 2020.

1. TigerVols

TigerVols Well-Known Member

Link?

2. Neutral Corner

Neutral Corner Well-Known Member

Hermes likes this.
  3. Hermes

Hermes Well-Known Member

I can’t believe Grainger hasn’t put their vending machines we use in factories for masks, gloves and safety glasses on street corners yet. They’d make a killing.

Inky_Wretch and HanSenSE like this.
  4. TigerVols

TigerVols Well-Known Member

They just made a tidy little sale to me. Newt you should get an affiliates commission!

5. tapintoamerica

tapintoamerica Well-Known Member

Especially since those in rural areas won''t get the vaccine in the first place because Freedumb and because their lord and savior won't be in office.

wicked likes this.
  6. Michael_ Gee

Michael_ Gee Well-Known Member

Worst spread right now is in rural America. First will be health care workers, cops, firefighters, EMTs. Teachers should be in that but won't be. Then comes us olds. I'll be in line, believe me. There's an MIT project that says the best thing is to find the superspreaders (people with very high virus loads) and vaccinate them. Good in theory, but how do you find them?

OscarMadison likes this.
  7. garrow

garrow Well-Known Member

GOP side of the aisle in the Senate?

8. Scout

Scout Well-Known Member

A friend of mine is doing this on the East Coast and is doing well.

Hermes likes this.
  9. Neutral Corner

Neutral Corner Well-Known Member

Getting folks a little extra protection is enough. You can buy me a beer next time we're all in Tahoe.

10. UPChip

UPChip Well-Known Member

I'm no immunologist, though I imagine you aren't, but the thing I'm not quite sure with the whole two-step thing is, is the recipient still unprotected after getting the first shot or are they good in the short term and the second shot kind of locks it in?

11. wicked

wicked Well-Known Member

I’m a diabetic and I suppose I could push myself toward the front of the line.

I’m also in ok health and I’m sure there are others who are more vulnerable. Of course by making this post I’m tempting fate.

OscarMadison likes this.
  12. UPChip

UPChip Well-Known Member

My guess on the baseball is that MLB starts in limited or no attendance, but in home parks, which doesn't matter that much since weather and attendance is generally shit before Memorial Day anyway. Based on the trend, I'd be very surprised if MLB didn't get their hands on some vaccines by mid-March.

Draft saved Draft deleted