1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Muh Muh Muh My Corona (virus)

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by Twirling Time, Jan 21, 2020.

1. Jerry-atric

Jerry-atric Well-Known Member

It will feel strange not to wear a mask again. It will feel like I am doing something wrong.

2. Scout

Scout Well-Known Member

I'm thinking a "normal" summer is probably happening and a "normal" spring break (Easter) is optimistic.

Though, I like the cut of your jib, Rick.

3. Neutral Corner

Neutral Corner Well-Known Member

I'm not 65 yet, but my no immune system to infections through the mucous membranes having wife is, so getting an effective vaccine out is extremely fine by me. I suspect that distribution will be as big a hurdle, perhaps bigger, than manufacturing, particularly outside of urban/suburban areas.

OTOH, and we don't talk about it much, but once they realized that her immune system was IgA deficient, she was part of a study at UAB. She was given a measles shot three times within six months and never achieved immunity to them... so I'm still scared as hell for her.

OscarMadison and Driftwood like this.
  4. HanSenSE

HanSenSE Well-Known Member

They've got company.

5. Roscablo

Roscablo Well-Known Member

I'm thinking summer too. Things look great for this but they've also moved extremely fast on this and you have to account for all sorts of factors that could slow it down. Everyone is tired of this but, crap, you still can't get everyone to get a flu shot either and it's widely available. It will be interesting to see how distribution goes and what the response is.

6. OscarMadison

OscarMadison Well-Known Member

Praying for her, Nootch. We're going to sit tight here until all of the health care workers and service people get seen to. I've already been asked how to fake diabetes. Um... No.

7. Neutral Corner

Snort. If you want the immunization because you have diabetes, you better have it in your primary care chart and be on metformin or something.

People are the worst. You don't wanna know how many assholes I saw trying (or getting) my Doc to get them out of jury duty.

8. 3_Octave_Fart

3_Octave_Fart Well-Known Member

This is so bad the NYT had to alter its shading system because it's running out of ways to signify the darkest places on the map.

9. Neutral Corner

They might as well work up an entire new scale, because it's going to get worse.

10. Neutral Corner

Throw in the complication of the new vaccines needing to be kept at -130 degrees or whatever it is - because they'll spoil when not properly stored or cared for, and if you don't think it will happen you are insanely optomistic. It's the sort of thing where some idiot will pull up with a tractor-trailer load, forget to plug in the reefer, and spoil the whole damn trailer load, or pallets will get left sitting in a warehouse or something.

11. RickStain

RickStain Well-Known Member

It lasts for a week in normal refrigeration and a day at room temperature.

12. Jerry-atric

Jerry-atric Well-Known Member

This is worrisome.

Draft saved Draft deleted