1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Fore please: Azaleas, dogwoods and foliage, the 2020 Masters thread

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by MileHigh, Nov 8, 2020.

1. playthrough

playthrough Moderator Staff Member

Or Brady/Belichick/Bob Kraft in their glory days. I do like Nantz but Patriots games were too much.

Hermes likes this.
  2. Junkie

Junkie Well-Known Member

Shit, for some reason I thought that other post was talking about Faldo.

3. MileHigh

MileHigh Moderator Staff Member

I like Nantz on anything he does. He's not for everyone. Yes, he gets a lot of stuff for the Masters. SVP was on DP last week and talked about the change in verbiage at Augusta. It is what it is. It's what they want -- so you do it. I was surprised at what he's making. Buck was at like $10.5 million. No doubt for what he does, Nantz should get a bump. Plus, it ain't cheap living in California, especially Pebble.

4. Hermes

Hermes Well-Known Member

Sandy Montag represents Nantz, right? So this wasn’t an agent asleep at the wheel.

Was Nantz’s deal an especially long one that was the industry standard at the time? Did he sign a “hometown discount” deal for some reason? It’s just odd that Buck did so much better.

5. Jerry-atric

Jerry-atric Well-Known Member

I like all of those unique terms.

Draft saved Draft deleted