1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

NFL Week 11 thread -- Coming straight on like a Mark Moseley field goal

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by Cosmo, Nov 17, 2020.

1. Cosmo

Cosmo Well-Known Member

THURSDAY
    ARI at SEA (-3)

SUNDAY EARLY
    CIN at WSH (-1.5)
    PHI at CLE (-3.5)
    ATL at NO (-4.5)
    DET at CAR (NL)
    PIT (-10) at JAX
    TEN at BAL (NL)
    NE at HOU (NL)

SUNDAY LATE
    MIA (-3) at DEN
    NYJ at LAC (-8.5)
    GB at IND (-2.5)
    DAL at MIN (NL)

SUNDAY NIGHT
    KC (-6.5) at LV

MONDAY NIGHT
    LAR at TB (-3)

BYE
    BUF, CHI, NYG, SF

THOUGHTS: We've reached the true twilight zone in the NFC East, where 5-9-1 or 6-10 will almost assuredly take the division. Hell, 5-11 may be in play considering how bad Philly looked last week. The Giants actually haven't been bad, and they have a few winnable games left -- at CIN, vs. CLE, vs. DAL. The Eagles may only win one more game. ... The night games are great this week. Not a ton of joy to be found on Sunday afternoon, though. Green Bay-Indy is OK, and (gasp) Cincy-Washington may actually be fun just because of the Joe Burrow/Chase Young 1 vs. 2 factor.

2. Michael_ Gee

Michael_ Gee Well-Known Member

If I had to, I'd bet the Rams against Tampa Bay. Browns only giving 3.5 to the Eagles is an opportunity as well.

3. playthrough

playthrough Moderator Staff Member

I have the Football Team under 5 wins for the season, need them to keep sucking even though they have the Bengals and Cowboys the next two weeks. (Damn, remember back when Dallas-Washington on Thanksgiving would have been a massive tilt?)

4. Batman

Batman Well-Known Member

Betting-wise, Cincinnati -1.5 against the WFT looks nice. It's close enough to be a toss up, and I like the Bengals a little bit more in that scenario.
    The Jets +8.5 is intriguing, just because the Chargers play nothing but close games, win or lose.
    The Dolphins -3 at Denver seems way too low. Is this a trap game, after the Dolphins have ripped off four wins in a row (and thus due to come down a notch) and the Broncos have lost a couple (and thus are probably due for a competent showing)?

5. I Should Coco

I Should Coco Well-Known Member

Nice thread title, Cosmo.

Not sure which I miss more: the straight-on placekickers or the barefoot ones.

Inky_Wretch and Cosmo like this.
  6. outofplace

outofplace Well-Known Member

Titans at Ravens is probably the best of the early games Sunday. I know the Titans have lost three of four, but they did get a little extra time after playing on Thursday last week. Baltimore suddenly looks more vulnerable after the loss to the Patriots.

At least the game should move quickly with those running games.

7. swingline

swingline Well-Known Member

I'd like to see a straight-on barefoot kicker.

8. CD Boogie

CD Boogie Well-Known Member

2muchcoffeeman and TigerVols like this.
  9. DanielSimpsonDay

DanielSimpsonDay Well-Known Member

i thought we all agreed to not speak of @Chef2 's maiming incident

Spartan Squad, Chef2 and swingline like this.
  10. Baron Scicluna

Baron Scicluna Well-Known Member

I miss the barefoot ones.

As a kid, I used to take my football outside and try to kick barefoot. Only managed to do it a couple of times because it hurt like hell.

I always found the barefoot kickers intriguing, though. It just looked so weird having a football player without one shoe or sock.

11. da man

da man Well-Known Member

I still don't undertstand how they did that -- it HAD to hurt like hell.

Baron Scicluna likes this.
  12. Chef2

Chef2 Well-Known Member

You say maim.
    I say Intoxicated Self Toe Surgery.
    It's not like I chopped off my whole damn leg or anything.

Draft saved Draft deleted