1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

President Trump: The NEW one and only politics thread

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by Moderator1, Nov 12, 2016.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Cosmo

Cosmo Well-Known Member

These people live in an alternate fucking universe. Jesus.

OscarMadison and HanSenSE like this.
  2. 3_Octave_Fart

3_Octave_Fart Well-Known Member

3. hondo

hondo Well-Known Member

I've got to defend one college football coach against that charge: Bobby Bowden. He was a voracious reader of American and European history and knew almost every Civil War battle down to the first skirmish to the retreat. He'd take summers and visit WWI and WWII battlefields in Europe. My guess is that if he read about Tuburville getting it so wrong about history and civics, he'd have laughed his ass off.

OscarMadison and Driftwood like this.
  4. heyabbott

heyabbott Well-Known Member

B58E298B-4F1E-45FC-90C6-14D14A903140.jpeg

5. hondo

hondo Well-Known Member

Stern's show was one of the first places where Trump hinted/joked/implied that he'd like to boff his daughter. Wonder if Stern has some B-roll hidden somewhere in which it was more than implied.

6. heyabbott

heyabbott Well-Known Member

Between stern and pos Barnett there’s probably video and audio of Trump boasting about rape and cannibalism. And it would not change a single trump vote. Trump could admit raping mccconell’s daughters and cocaine Mitch wouldn’t miss a beat

7. sgreenwell

sgreenwell Well-Known Member

If Stern had something -that- great, there's pretty much zero chance that he would have kept it in reserve. I think Trump not going after Stern, if that's indeed the case, is more about Stern being one of those "established" New York media folks that Trump secretly craves acceptance from.

OscarMadison and wicked like this.
  8. Michael_ Gee

Michael_ Gee Well-Known Member

So there was a Senate floor vote today on a Fed nomination and Harris came back to Wilmington for it. A significant number of Republican Senators, including some who have prominently refused to admit Biden won the election, came over to offer congratulations to her. For what, one wonders.

9. TowelWaver

TowelWaver Well-Known Member

10. garrow

garrow Well-Known Member

Nell Scovell:

The number “45.” There are no photos of John F. Kennedy wearing a football jersey with the number 35. Historians and journalist sometimes use Bush 41 and Bush 43 to distinguish the two, but most presidents aren’t recognized by their sequential number. Still, Trump has embraced “45,” putting it on his golf hat and embroidering it on his cuffs. Many elevators skip the “13th floor” because it’s considered bad luck. In the future, we will skip from 44 to 46.....

.......Words like “sir,” “hoax,” “sad,” and “huge.” How one man could ruin so many monosyllabic words is both sad and huge.

One Writer's End of Term List: 10 Things I Now Hate Because of Trump

OscarMadison likes this.
  11. CD Boogie

CD Boogie Well-Known Member

Watching Fox News just now (bc I'm a masochist) and up pops Trey Gowdy. Has ever anyone ever seen him in the same place as Megan Rapinoe? They could be identical sisters.

12. Starman

Starman Well-Known Member

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.