1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

The TV thread

Discussion in 'Anything goes' started by Versatile, Mar 28, 2013.

1. John

John Well-Known Member

Finished up the season tonight. A lot of good stuff in there. And a reaffirmation that I'd probably like the show even more if I knew anything about chess.

2. DanOregon

DanOregon Well-Known Member

'tis a cold, dark and wet late autumn night (hell, even the day was cold dark and wet) here on the left coast and I'm catching up on the BBC's Shetland - I really dig the Beeb's mystery shows - and the farther they get away from London the better. That said - did you know it's never reached 75 degrees in the Shetland Islands in recorded history? 75? It's like perpetual Candlestick Park.

3. OscarMadison

OscarMadison Well-Known Member

I liked her Youtube videos until I didn't. It seemed like the same thing over and over.

@DanOregon, Brooklyn 99 is going to be one of those shows I'll "discover" long after everyone has seen every episode.

sgreenwell likes this.
  4. Songbird

Songbird Well-Known Member

You get a free year of Apple TV when you buy a new MacBook Air or Pro.

Watched the first episode of Californication last night for the first time in years.

I loved the shit out of it back then and it's still really funny and tight.

But it's also more absurd than I would have said it was back then.

... but lots of boobs and asses and perfectly shaped virile women.

5. Songbird

Ted Lasso is endearingly good.

Jason Sudeikis is endearingly good.

6. Tighthead

Tighthead Well-Known Member

I enjoyed Shetland more than Line of Duty or Broadchurch. I though Duty had a great cast but became preposterous. There was another one based in Wales that I couldn’t finish, despite great cinematography and a personal affection for the Welsh. The brooding lead detective with a tragic past is getting played out.

There was a Finnish one I watched on Netflix - Deadwind. The lead was brooding as well, but quite fetching in her bitchiness.

7. Songbird

Loving the show and then, as a bonus, this happens.

8. Songbird

The Iverson part wasn't in the episode, someone on Twitter spliced the moments to show how well Lasso pulled it off.

9. micropolitan guy

micropolitan guy Well-Known Member

Season 4 of The Crown has started. Prince Charles should have stuck with the old Spencer sister, would have saved him a lot of grief.

OscarMadison likes this.
  10. Scout

Scout Well-Known Member

Not to thread jack, but the 1:18 mark...

Neutral Corner likes this.
  11. Wenders

Wenders Well-Known Member

Not sure how far into it you are, or if this is at all accurate, but the most striking part thus far was Margaret asking Elizabeth how many times the royal family was going to make the same mistake over and over again.

William and Harry choosing who they did to marry proves that they did learn from everything that went down with Charles and Diana. Finally.

I didn't realize until a few years ago just how young Diana was when she married Charles. The show does a great job of illustrating that she really was a 20 year old with no real worldly experience who basically married into the royal family on a whim. (Also I finally got caught up on S3 last month and if they really sabotaged Charles and Camilla back in the 80s...good lord.)

OscarMadison likes this.
  12. garrow

garrow Well-Known Member

I think the Crown is off to a bloody brilliant start this season.

Draft saved Draft deleted