1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Muh Muh Muh My Corona (virus)

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by Twirling Time, Jan 21, 2020.

1. Neutral Corner

Neutral Corner Well-Known Member

Leadership matters. It makes a difference when your commanding officer is out front leading the charge.

2. 3_Octave_Fart

3_Octave_Fart Well-Known Member

The need to be seen doing the right thing and the overpowering need to be fucking rewarded for doing the right thing.
    That's the new American exceptionalism.

At least the overfed pathetic baby-man requires incessant praise because he has no self-esteem- his excuse is fairly clinical.

3. Mngwa

Mngwa Well-Known Member

It does. And if you don't think that Trump's stance and his anti-mask rhetoric and his making fun of Biden had an impact on all these people who are mumbling about their freedom instead of masks, then you just haven't been paying attention. Leadership matters.

4. Azrael

Azrael Well-Known Member

virtue signaling

skynews-hart-island-new-york-city_4966745.jpg

SFIND and OscarMadison like this.
  5. OscarMadison

OscarMadison Well-Known Member

Could you point out the bit that identifies the attackers as Christian? I'm not talking about general, "Yunh hunh, I'm Christian" people who have never read more than a few key phrases of the Bible and only attend church whenever a pro athlete or GOP Heee-ro shows up at Sunday service. I was waiting to see if someone was wearing a collar or a cross or Witness Wear or screamed that they wuz punching people fer Jeeezis.

Dude, you're trolling.

6. Azrael

Azrael Well-Known Member

"Protect our most vulnerable" was the catchphrase for a while.

Screenshot_2020-11-14 The Wall Street Journal on Twitter.png

Last edited: Nov 14, 2020
  7. swingline

swingline Well-Known Member

Always consistently great, that 21 thread. The best running thread around these parts.

Care Bear’s review of “Fifty Shades” is the best single thread.

8. garrow

garrow Well-Known Member

9. micropolitan guy

micropolitan guy Well-Known Member

10. MTM

MTM Well-Known Member

Found out yesterday that I have to go back to working at an office three days a week after 8 months at home and it’s going to be weird. I’m not worried about the virus. There’s only one other person there and we don’t need to interact, but she works alone at a facility in a not so great part of town.

I’ve become comfortable working at home with things like fluid start and stop times and especially not having to do the morning routine of shower, shave, eat, dress and be out the door at a specific time. Also going to miss my afternoon nap that is covered by a shorter lunch or longer workday.

11. lakefront

lakefront Well-Known Member

12. Twirling Time

Twirling Time Well-Known Member

It's easy to judge local effects on what's happening nationwide. Arkansas is about 1% of the national population and Texas is about 10%. Take those numbers and move the decimal point accordingly.

Draft saved Draft deleted