1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Running thread of people with COVID-19... get well Tom Hanks and Rita Wilson

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by Scout, Mar 19, 2020.

1. Sam Mills 51

Sam Mills 51 Well-Known Member

Extra welds on the roll cages and wear your seat belts.

maumann likes this.
  2. qtlaw

qtlaw Well-Known Member

3. Moderator1

Moderator1 Moderator Staff Member

Also posted on Masters thread

4. Moderator1

Tom Izzo

5. 2muchcoffeeman

2muchcoffeeman Well-Known Member

One half of country music’s worst act of all time.

sgreenwell likes this.
  6. hondo

hondo Well-Known Member

maumann likes this.
  7. TigerVols

TigerVols Well-Known Member

8. Roscablo

Roscablo Well-Known Member

I'm late seeing this, but something has been bothering me especially about all the athletes and coaches and other notable people who get it that keep saying they have mild or no symptoms. This thread is full of them. One, it's probably not true. Two, even if it is, they are getting tested earlier and more often and then have better resources than almost anyone else. I just find it dumb to be giving those kinds of statements in a country where it is exploding and many, many people are getting very sick yet so many don't take it seriously. They see these athletes who they look up to saying, this is nothing, and then they think it's nothing too. Wish more would say it isn't something to mess with like Sanders did or even just say little. At least Izzo said people need to be serious about taking precautions even if he only has "mild" symptoms too.

qtlaw likes this.
  9. MileHigh

MileHigh Moderator Staff Member

10. DanOregon

DanOregon Well-Known Member

I was surprised the CMA awards were "live" and in-person. Granted, it isn't like these performers are going out on tour anytime soon, but between the SEC and Texas - COVID-19 is having a good month.

11. Moderator1

Jim Boeheim

12. 2muchcoffeeman

2muchcoffeeman Well-Known Member

No fans (which may have disappointed Nashville’s booming bachelorette party industry), no red carpet (Ibid.), and lots of testing beforehand (before rehearsals, pre-show activities and the show itself). Several people tested positive and they had to tweak the lineup several times due to both contact tracing and positive tests; Rascal Flatts canceled a half-hour after the show started due to a positive test by one band member and producers had to scramble to get Brothers Osborne into that slot, a more-than-acceptable upgrade (although I thought the performance was live vocals over a prerecorded instrumental track rather than fully live). Attendees were required to mask up when leaving their assigned seats, staff and crew were required to wear PPE, and social distancing with tables reserved and placed 8 feet apart with allegedly no wandering about visiting with friends/frenemies. They also had a one-way walkway backstage.

It turns out that if you follow safety guidelines and throw a metric shitload of dollars at a problem, you can solve its logistics.

OscarMadison and lakefront like this.
Draft saved Draft deleted