1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

SNL's Continued Downward Spiral Thread

Discussion in 'Anything goes' started by Uncle.Ruckus, Sep 24, 2011.

1. Iron_chet

Iron_chet Well-Known Member

Holy Crap Chappelle not disappointing.

Wenders, FileNotFound and Killick like this.
  2. Inky_Wretch

Inky_Wretch Well-Known Member

Baldwin and Rudolph in the cold open and the first skit. I guess nobody else could play generic businessman and Aunt Jemima?

3. Killick

Killick Well-Known Member

Damn. Chappelle’s dropping the n-word A LOT.

4. Killick

Killick Well-Known Member

“I mean, look at Pete Davidson’s lips!”

Might be the first spit-take where teeth get spit.

5. nietsroob17

nietsroob17 Well-Known Member

The show starts SOOO strong, then plummets off a cliff with that Mario sketch.

6. Slacker

Slacker Well-Known Member

7. Mngwa

Mngwa Well-Known Member

Chappelle was pretty amazing

8. Huggy

Huggy Well-Known Member

That was awful. And Moddy will probably ban me until the zombie apocalypse for this but that first Foo Fighters song sounded like something they made up on the way to the studio

9. DanOregon

DanOregon Well-Known Member

That Chappelle monologue was powerful. Really strong. Two "news/talkshow" sketches to end the night was weak, but Chappelle was phenomenal. The writers get a week (or two) off after five in a row to start, hopefully the show will find a groove and not so rely on its hosts. I do give them credit for being able to write the show on the fly (no Pence pun intended, not really) like that.

OscarMadison likes this.
  10. nietsroob17

That was weird, ending with the two news pieces, both with Ego Nwodim as the anchor.

I know Dave did the epic 16 minute monologue, but it just seemed strange that all he did otherwise was the two sketches bookending the show.

I did enjoy Foo's scaled down performance of "Times Like These" towards the end.

I think SNL is hurting some without Aidy and Cecily as their usual linchpins (with Kate) on the ladies' side.

I know the circus in Washington is nowhere near over, but maybe they can get some fresh stuff in whenever they return, without having to rely so heavily on Trump/Biden.

11. Mngwa

Mngwa Well-Known Member

I am missing Aidy especially.

12. nietsroob17

Tonight's classic episode was Martin Short from 1996. It includes one of the first appearances of Celebrity Jeopardy.

Alex, Sean, Burt and Jerry Lewis: None of the celebrities who were parodied are still alive.

Draft saved Draft deleted