1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Week 10 college football thread

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by Cosmo, Nov 2, 2020.

1. Michael_ Gee

Michael_ Gee Well-Known Member

Chris, I gotta tell you. USC was at an Eastern subregional in 2004 at Uniondale on Long Island and both BC and Holy Cross were there. The USC cheerleaders, seen from press row, were very disappointing. Maybe it was a bad recruiting year, but they were all very heavily made up and exuded more of a Vegas cocktail waitress vibe than "California Girls" by the Beach Boys. It was like when you were a little kid and tasted vanilla extract for the first time.

2. Jake from State Farm

Jake from State Farm Well-Known Member

I was at an NCAA regional and the surprise of the bracket was the Vanderbilt cheerleaders outdoing the UCLAs
    As my friend said: “You know their daddies have $$$ too.”

Michael_ Gee likes this.
  3. Michael_ Gee

Michael_ Gee Well-Known Member

I'd have to say the strongest cheerleader group I saw as a writer was LSU at the 1981 Final Four.

4. tapintoamerica

tapintoamerica Well-Known Member

Can they both lose? I long for the days when ties were possible.
    Also unworthy of its once-lofty ranking: Georgia. Good Tebow, they suck.

5. MileHigh

MileHigh Moderator Staff Member

Fight on!

6. ChrisLong

ChrisLong Well-Known Member

Oregon has long been the gold standard of Pac-12 cheerleaders, USC is a close second. Don't judge them by basketball (haha).

usccheer.jpeg

7. tapintoamerica

tapintoamerica Well-Known Member

Third quarter in Boulder: Colorado 42, UCLA 35.
    Third quarter in Columbia, SC: Jimbo 41, Chickens 0. The clock has to be ticking on the Will Muschamp Experience.

8. Sam Mills 51

Sam Mills 51 Well-Known Member

Fortunately for South Carolina, the pandemic did in the Palmetto State showdown. Can you imagine what Clemson would do to these Chickens?

Neutral Corner likes this.
  9. BTExpress

BTExpress Well-Known Member

A month ago Tennessee was on an eight-game winning streak.

It looks like Vanderbilt is the only thing that stands between them ending the season on an eight-game losing streak.

10. Matt1735

Matt1735 Well-Known Member

Clemp-son!

11. Sam Mills 51

Sam Mills 51 Well-Known Member

At this rate, the kids are going to think that Clemsoning is an entirely different concept that what was widely accepted - 1981 excluded.

12. Baron Scicluna

Baron Scicluna Well-Known Member

Apropos of little, I find it amusing that Notre Dame, a university that emphasizes Catholicism, is playing Hell’s Bells at the football stadium.

maumann, Matt1735 and Batman like this.
Draft saved Draft deleted