1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

President Trump: The NEW one and only politics thread

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by Moderator1, Nov 12, 2016.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Neutral Corner

Neutral Corner Well-Known Member

You can buy all the pieces to assemble an AR-15 individually by mail. The only part that is controlled is the lower receiver, which holds the trigger group, safe/semi/full auto switch, etc. The lowers you can buy online come with a serial number, and buying one is treated as though you were buying a gun. If you have a lower the rest of the weapon is simply a matter of money. Thing is that anyone with a half decent machine shop and basic skills can make a lower receiver for an AR out of billet aluminum. You can also buy what is called an 80% lower, which is rough machined lower, billet or forged, and then do the detail machining to finish it, and those are not controlled IIRC.

I don't know how durable and reliable a 3D printed lower is, never really looked at it, but there's no reason to think they'd be bad unless simply poorly made somehow. Even if they are not, machining a lower just isn't all that hard to do, and converting a semi-auto AR to fire full auto is not complicated at all and can be done with a piece of coat hanger wire.

2muchcoffeeman and Inky_Wretch like this.
  2. DanielSimpsonDay

DanielSimpsonDay Well-Known Member

what would need protection from very fine people

3. heyabbott

heyabbott Well-Known Member

4. hondo

hondo Well-Known Member

Tommy will quit when the Tulsa job comes open. What's the buy-out for leaving the U.S. Senate?

5. BitterYoungMatador2

BitterYoungMatador2 Well-Known Member

Have we seen Bill Barr’s fat ass since....fuck, when was the last time we saw his jowls and bitch tits anywhere in public?

Slacker likes this.
  6. hondo

hondo Well-Known Member

I have one bit of advice for Biden once he wins whatever state puts him over the top: give a gracious acceptance speech, full of harmony and Kumbaya, then go to work on your transition and don't pay a bit of attention to Trump, his worthless sons or Guiliani. Let the lawyers handle everything and hold one press conference after another, behind one of those signs Obama had made that says, "The Office of the President-Elect." Don't respond to anything Trump says. Pretend he doesn't exist. Deal only with Cory Liddle, who by law has already been appointed as the Trump representative for the transition.

According to a story in the Post or the Wall Street Journal a couple of months ago (I forget, or else I'd link it), the Secret Service begins its protection plan for a new President at noon on Jan. 20. Nuclear codes change automatically. The military is sworn to be loyal to the Constitutionally elected President. Trump can't legally stay in the White House. He will get thrown out.

Plan your inauguration and then show up at the White House after the inaugural address. I'm betting no matter what kind of posturing Trump does between now and then, he'll be gone.

7. TigerVols

TigerVols Well-Known Member

So, Georgia and Nevada are gonna go Trump for sure and maybe also Arizona? Yikes.

8. Slacker

Slacker Well-Known Member

Way behind on this thread, but WTF is this?

HOUSE MINORITY LEADER KEVIN MCCARTHY told JOHN BRESNAHAN early this Wednesday morning: “We defied the odds. It’s the night of the Republican women. … The Democrats never solved one problem in their majority. They promised they would govern differently, and they didn’t.

Are there not 400 House bills sitting on McConnell's desk because the Twatty Turdle has kept them all blocked?

Man, FUCK those people assholes.

OscarMadison likes this.
  9. Iron_chet

Iron_chet Well-Known Member

gingerbread likes this.
  10. Moderator1

Moderator1 Moderator Staff Member

What did I miss? Where are you seeing this?

11. champ_kind

champ_kind Well-Known Member

Wut

12. heyabbott

heyabbott Well-Known Member

Russia Today

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.