1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

President Trump: The NEW one and only politics thread

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by Moderator1, Nov 12, 2016.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Shelbyville Manhattan

Shelbyville Manhattan Well-Known Member

Trump logic: "There are so many cases because there are so many tests."

Also Trump logic: "There are so many votes against me because there are so many votes being counted."

This fucking guy.

Matt1735 and OscarMadison like this.
  2. JayFarrar

JayFarrar Well-Known Member

I’m sure it has been said, but getting some real 2018 vibes.

Then, like now, pundits and tv pounced and said the democrats sucked and didn’t do as well as expected on election night and then as votes started getting counted, the tide turned and a week later, it was a blue tsunami.

But the narrative frame had already been constructed and it took weeks for pundits, but not all, to acknowledge that they might have misjudged what had actually happened.

They were first, of course, out of the gate to say they needed to spend more time in the heartland and use J fucking D Vance as their Sherpa to navigate amongst the poors.

Now you’ve got elite opinion columnists tweeting nonsense about the election because they don’t understand how elections work. And also because being an elite opinion columnist means you’ve never actually been on the ground covering a local election.

Anyway, Biden’s won. He’s going to crack 80 million popular votes. He’s going to go over 300 electoral college votes. And it is looking more and more like Kamala will be a full time senator as she’ll be the tie breaker on most every vote.

3. Jerry-atric

Jerry-atric Well-Known Member

They care about guns.

4. Driftwood

Driftwood Well-Known Member

When I got discharged from the Navy, I promised to stay on patrol and keep the Soviet navy out of my local waters. So far, I'm good.
    I guess I could just refocus on Trump boat parade assholes.

Fred siegle, OscarMadison and maumann like this.
  5. Sam Mills 51

Sam Mills 51 Well-Known Member

Same here. I have long thought about this. Largely a matter of getting the correct legal documents from what research I have done. I've liked the couple of trips I've taken to Ontario. Lived in a situation for three-plus years that probably isn't too much different climate-wise from Saskatchewan or Manitoba.

No place is perfect, but based on time spent around them, news cycles and such, I get the impression than Canadians are a little more normal. That more than 65 million people voted for Donald Trump is absolutely disturbing.

Thing is, at that age, it can be nothing more than Flavor of the Month. Or week. Or shorter. Highly likely that they'll soon move on to something else on the sartorial spectrum.

OscarMadison likes this.
  6. Alma

Alma Well-Known Member

If the Democrats get both the WH and Senate, then, yes, it’s going to be a fruitful two years. Hopefully real change can be made on health care, jobs and the virus.

7. Junkie

Junkie Well-Known Member

I know no teachers who have election day off.

8. garrow

garrow Well-Known Member

I knew Trump, I knew he was insane, talking loud, saying stupid things. So when he turned up impeached, I let it go. And I said to myself, this is the business we've chosen; I didn't ask how the vote went, because it had nothing to do with business!

Baron Scicluna likes this.
  9. swingline

swingline Well-Known Member

I’d be a bit skittish firing one, lest it blows up in my face.

10. maumann

maumann Well-Known Member

As someone living in his district, the mere fact that he's no longer going to send me "Doug's view of Donald Trump's nether regions" via e-mails bi-weekly thrills me to no end.

Other great news: Two Atlanta-area counties (Gwinnett and can't remember the other) just elected sheriffs who are NEAR! Really, truly, dad blame it! Two Black sheriffs in Georgia. I'm as surprised as Slim Pickens. Let's hope they first clean up the terrible jail conditions and then put ICE on ice, permanently.

Plus my county gave my good buddy his retirement sendoff. Hoping his replacement brings our area into the 21st century as well, and hoping I never get to be his guest ever again.

11. Scout

Scout Well-Known Member

Do they have students?

A lot of places use schools for voting, so with all those people, they get the students out.

12. Jerry-atric

Jerry-atric Well-Known Member

Thank you for your service.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.