1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

President Trump: The NEW one and only politics thread

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by Moderator1, Nov 12, 2016.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. BTExpress

BTExpress Well-Known Member

15-year-old Bubba in 2016 is 19-year-old Bubba today.

FileNotFound likes this.
  2. Noholesinone

Noholesinone Well-Known Member

Give some multimillion-dollar grants to half a dozen elite universities to come up with a modern voting system. We all agree many of the systems we use now are in the Dark Ages. As part of new voting methods, we also take the post office out of the equation completely.

3. Webster

Webster Well-Known Member

I’ve coached youth sports for 11 years. I tell my kids what was taught to me — after a tough loss, you can despise losing but, at the end of the game, you walk across the court/field, shake your opponent’s hand and say congratulations.

4. OscarMadison

OscarMadison Well-Known Member

If Biden wins, I am considering this to be a four-year second chance to get my skills updated and useful and get out of here. What I've seen of this country scares me.

Vivid dreams and nightmares for the past year. Last night I dreamed I was working a dig led by an online friend who is a teaching archaeologist in a neighboring state. I heard someone with an accent similar to mine speak to me from the edge of the feature I was microleveling. I looked up and it was (Jackass politician's name redacted.) I asked C*** what was going on and he told me we were doing salvage archy and we needed to finish soon so the state could pave over the site. Why? It was portal to Hell. I picked up my ball peen hammer and beat (Unnamed Evil Jackass politician's) head to red jelly.

Then I woke up and called my stealth Trumpist now ex-boyfriend told him I would rather be celibate for the rest of my life than look into the o-face of a Trump supporter. Bullet dodged. I slept like a baby for the rest of the night, something that hasn't happened in four years.

237,304 people are still dead. Jamal Khashoggi is still dead. The people who were murdered at Capitol Gazette newsroom are still dead. The 37 friends and colleagues whose memorial services I attended this year are still dead. Not gonna wish anyone harm or do anything to hasten their departure from this mortal coil, but I can't promise to not think the world is going to b a better place when the people behind these atrocities leave, either.

This. So much this. That's what the dangerously overbred, booger-eating, cousin-dating hominids are dying for.

Last edited: Nov 4, 2020
  5. Inky_Wretch

Inky_Wretch Well-Known Member

And let me tell you, there were a shit-ton of frat bros and sorority girls walking around in MAGA caps this summer.

6. qtlaw

qtlaw Well-Known Member

There will not be any civil war because far too many people have too much invested in their role in the current economy; it there's civil war, we don't just continue to design/build iPhone apps and new wifi routers and the next 5G network. You can talk all you want about it but people care too much about their (1) phones; (2) internet access; (3) cable TV/satellite TV and Hulu/Netflix/Amazon prime and (4) facebook etc. You know why? Because people say they can't afford health care but they've got no problem ponying up the $500/mo for the above.

Liut and Jerry-atric like this.
  7. Jerry-atric

Jerry-atric Well-Known Member

That is a very good point.

Liut likes this.
  8. Driftwood

Driftwood Well-Known Member

Those are the ones who I think will lose interest when it's no longer the fad. I may be wrong, but dealing with people just before that age group, I see it all the time.

wicked and Liut like this.
  9. Cosmo

Cosmo Well-Known Member

Nice and all, but I truly believe this pussycat of a president would actually spit on Biden if he had a chance. I've never been so over anything in my life than I am of Donald J. Fucking Trump.

10. Webster

Webster Well-Known Member

We are at the reading the body language of Kornacki during the split screen commercial break phase of the election.

TowelWaver and Spartan Squad like this.
  11. Cosmo

Cosmo Well-Known Member

Everybody do yourself a favor and watch MACtion and unplug for a second. It's healthy.

UPChip and Mngwa like this.
  12. swingline

swingline Well-Known Member

I have that cassette somewhere. Or at least I used to.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.