1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

President Trump: The NEW one and only politics thread

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by Moderator1, Nov 12, 2016.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Alma

Alma Well-Known Member

Tell ya what: If the Senate goes blue, or gets to 50/50 with Harris as the tiebreaker, I think it's a day to feel pretty good. That might only last two years, mind you, so get health care done and a better stimulus done right quick.

If the Senate stays red, it's gonna be a knife fight in a ditch for the next two years. And it could get really tough after that.

2. micropolitan guy

micropolitan guy Well-Known Member

Seriously, what can Trump challenge? All of the votes in Mich, Wisc, Arizona and Nevada that he thinks were frauds were received before the end of voting on election day. They are legal votes, under any rules.

OscarMadison and garrow like this.
  3. TowelWaver

TowelWaver Well-Known Member

All true. I'd still take it over Trump getting a second term and declaring himself god-emperor for life, under the circumstances.

HanSenSE and OscarMadison like this.
  4. Splendid Splinter

Splendid Splinter Well-Known Member

May have me on ignore - anyone want to ask him?

5. qtlaw

qtlaw Well-Known Member

The President is in charge of all federal agencies, that's huge. Yes the Senate may not break the right way but they can only be obstructionist, they can't initiate anything. The President can.

6. 2muchcoffeeman

2muchcoffeeman Well-Known Member

Looks like all the amendments and initiatives I voted for passed, and all the amendments I voted against failed.

It’s a small bit of hope, but it’s there.

7. Justin Biebler

Justin Biebler Active Member

If it's 270-268, what about Trump's crew paying off someone to be a faithless elector?
    Is that even possible?

8. Inky_Wretch

Inky_Wretch Well-Known Member

9. JayFarrar

JayFarrar Well-Known Member

A McConnell led senate won't confirm any of Biden's appointees and if Breyer retires/dies or someone else dies, the Supreme Court will shrink by a justice or two, because no Biden appointee is even going to get a vote. And even if they did, it would be 51-49, or whatever the margin is at the end.

I still think Warnock will win his runoff against Peoria Barbie but that fourth vote, to get the majority, is getting elusive. Best chance is still North Carolina, maybe.

2muchcoffeeman likes this.
  10. Alma

Alma Well-Known Member

Sigh.

The Republican Party has changed. By a lot. In, like, five years. The establishment GOP's idea of a presidential candidate in 2016 was Bush, Part 3, Rubio and Ted "Lucifer in the flesh!" Cruz. The party was about take a beating in 2016...until Trump.

Changing the GOP back to what it was is hard because, to get to the point it's at this moment, took adding millions of folks who voted for Obama and Bill Clinton. There's a whole chunk of blue hanging out with the red. And you can see it in how, despite the GOP having to defend 35 stinking seats, there's a good chance the GOP holds on to it. The GOP may gain a lil bit in the House, too. That, in essence, is saying exactly what you want to hear about Trump while simultaneously saying, about the Democratic Party "I don't trust that bunch, either, to vote for down-ballot candidates." I don't know how many Biden + otherwise red voters there are, but I'm guessing quite a bit, and that was a referendum on Trump's character.

The rest is a warning for the Dems. Two more years of trotting out the cultural revolution as your platform may have severe consequences. Feel however you want to about it. It's just what I see. Maybe I'm wrong. I was wrong about Biden winning well north of 300. But so were a lot of people.

11. Elliotte Friedman

Elliotte Friedman Moderator Staff Member

Just got off the golf course and only 25 pages to catch up? The day crew is full of slackers. No way anyone is working.

12. MileHigh

MileHigh Moderator Staff Member

SCOTUS smacked down faithless electors earlier this year.

garrow likes this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.