1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

More Cuts at ESPN

Discussion in 'Journalism topics only' started by Doc Holliday, Mar 7, 2017.

1. sgreenwell

sgreenwell Well-Known Member

2. Regan MacNeil

Regan MacNeil Well-Known Member

ABC News, I believe.

3. SoloFlyer

SoloFlyer Well-Known Member

538 does extensive original reporting and sports data analysis, besides the election analysis. It isn't going anywhere.

In fact, there will be considerable interest in analyzing where polls - which 538 analyzes and compiles, but does not conduct - have gone wrong and what they are missing. That will draw interest, readers, and subsequently advertisers.

4. Alma

Alma Well-Known Member

Sad to see. Cord cutting makes it hard to avoid.

I’ll be interested to see how many show talent go. I’m a believer you could show old college basketball and football games for much of the day and do better than most of those shows do.

Readallover and JC like this.
  5. matt_garth

matt_garth Well-Known Member

Reports say 300 layoffs plus 200 jobs that will not be filled.

6. Readallover

Readallover Active Member

7. playthrough

playthrough Moderator Staff Member

It's not the cord cutting. No one's going to DisneyWorld, taking a cruise or going out to a movie. And that's not gonna change until the spring at best.

matt_garth and I Should Coco like this.
  8. DanOregon

DanOregon Well-Known Member

There are what, two or three Marvel movies in the can? That's about 2 billion (with a B) of incoming revenues they're missing.

9. CD Boogie

CD Boogie Well-Known Member

My fiance is part Indian, though she was born in Guyana. We've both discussed India and how neither of us has any desire to visit. There's something overwhelmingly back-ass about the place, just decrepit, dirty. Not to mention its caste system, its dim view of women's rights and its cultural fixation on light-skinned women. In some ways, it's very advanced, but in so many ways it's locked willingly in the past.

10. 3_Octave_Fart

3_Octave_Fart Well-Known Member

Boogie-
    If you're a brown-skinned person from Jersey and playing the part, they will sense it on sight. Their radar's default setting is West.

They are us, really. A nation with a hell of a lot of problems but much righteous beauty too.

Best doctors in the world.

11. Della9250

Della9250 Well-Known Member

I think the only Marvel one they have missed out on was Black Widow. I'm not sure when Eternals was originally scheduled for, but that would be the second one. Mulan and Jungle Cruise are the two Disney movies that have been moved around. They made some of that Mulan money back on the Disney-plus addition but yeah, it's probably around 3 Billion between those four they've lost out on.

12. hondo

hondo Well-Known Member

Anyone hear of who got cut?

Draft saved Draft deleted