1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

President Trump: The NEW one and only politics thread

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by Moderator1, Nov 12, 2016.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. TheSportsPredictor

TheSportsPredictor Well-Known Member

2. Jerry-atric

Jerry-atric Well-Known Member

That is a very good point.

3. Neutral Corner

Neutral Corner Well-Known Member

4. goalmouth

goalmouth Well-Known Member

Time for voting problems in Fort Lee

5. Regan MacNeil

Regan MacNeil Well-Known Member

What do you expect him to say?

6. Neutral Corner

Helluva thread here regarding the Latino vote. She says it better than I ever could.

OscarMadison, playthrough and maumann like this.
  7. Alma

Alma Well-Known Member

That's fair. If he's not around or up to it - and he may not be - his oldest kid's running. We're stuck with this family for awhile, I think.

Again- the GOP will fight some for a 2020 presidential outcome to Trump's liking. But the party almost surely sees the larger view: Even with this spectacular asshole at the top of the ticket, shit, we did pretty well.

Meanwhile, we'll see if the Democrats take this pitifully close win as a "choo choo motherfucker" mandate. If so, the GOP rout in 2022 could be something to behold.

No, last night was the night to finish off Trump soundly. Tip Florida, perhaps snag GA or NC, make Michigan and Wisconsin plain as day by midnight ET, head into the morning 50/50 in PA with a strong Biden finish, and end it. And they didn't do it. It's possible Biden gets to 290 eventually and good for him. Maybe things break left with the Senate late. But it's not a rout, and anything short of that is bad news. Hard to heal. And the GOP will take comfort from the results. Because going into Tuesday, it wasn't going to be pretty. At all.

TowelWaver likes this.
  8. Cosmo

Cosmo Well-Known Member

Whew, that was a lot to digest. Nearly took two hours to catch up on this thing. My favorite thing last night was after having everyone tell people not to freak out when results would be slow to come in, that people absolutely freaked out when results were slow to come in. No sense in obsessing minute by minute today. It'll be called when it's called.

9. DanOregon

DanOregon Well-Known Member

A good read: I'm guessing those heading the D's Senate and House campaign arms shouldn't expect sweet committee assignments. I really do hope Pelosi steps down as Speaker - I'm fairly certain by now she's lost more House seats on her watch than she's won.

POLITICO Playbook: What blue wave?

10. Neutral Corner

11. Inky_Wretch

Inky_Wretch Well-Known Member

12. DanOregon

DanOregon Well-Known Member

First reflexive checking of the polls (of course there are none).

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.