1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

President Trump: The NEW one and only politics thread

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by Moderator1, Nov 12, 2016.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. 3_Octave_Fart

3_Octave_Fart Well-Known Member

James Carville was lit on that call.

2. RickStain

RickStain Well-Known Member

People bitched about Wisconsin being called "early" for Trump last time too.

Once NE-02 is called for Biden, which should be soon, that's probably it for important news tonight.

TowelWaver likes this.
  3. BitterYoungMatador2

BitterYoungMatador2 Well-Known Member

Around April I considered creating a thread called "So, what'd you lose?" I bailed on it because it read as too whiny and navel-gazing for my liking.

But we've all lost out on things this year and one day, we should have a conversation about those. Might be comforting.

OscarMadison and gingerbread like this.
  4. SFIND

SFIND Well-Known Member

5. dixiehack

dixiehack Well-Known Member

Ummm, anybody looked at the NYT needle projection for Georgia lately?

6. Donny in his element

Donny in his element Well-Known Member

Georgia NYT needle has moved to 63% Biden after being in the 80% Trump range. The outstanding count around Atlanta must be perceived as a game changer.

7. poindexter

poindexter Well-Known Member

I'm sorry, what is NE-2?

8. Sam Mills 51

Sam Mills 51 Well-Known Member

I'm not finding comfort in anything. Sorry ... not at all trying to whiz on you or your idea.

9. SFIND

SFIND Well-Known Member

Nebraska-2.

10. RickStain

RickStain Well-Known Member

Nebraska awards 1 EV to the winner of the state overall, and 1 EV to the winner of each of its three congressional districts. NE-2 is the congressional district that contains Omaha.

poindexter likes this.
  11. Sam Mills 51

Sam Mills 51 Well-Known Member

Like Maine, Nebraska does not dole out its electoral votes in an all-or-nothing package.

Simply put, Biden currently holds a nine-point lead for that district. Win that, Nevada, Michigan and Wisconsin and he has 270, even if Pennsylvania doesn't break his way and the 125,000 votes in some USPS bin somewhere missing for North Carolina become moot in the big picture.

Last edited: Nov 4, 2020
    poindexter likes this.
  12. Moderator1

Moderator1 Moderator Staff Member

Gang, I love you all but I'm going to bed. Going to wake up and celebrate my dog's 12th birthday and try to give her the great day she deserves.
    And also try not to throw up.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.