1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

President Trump: The NEW one and only politics thread

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by Moderator1, Nov 12, 2016.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. maumann

maumann Well-Known Member

Shouldn't have cut his hair so close to the election.

2. bumpy mcgee

bumpy mcgee Well-Known Member

2000, college freshman, I voted for Nader because I was dumb. Luckily I did not live in Florida. Anyway, just voted, took about 10 minutes for me at my station, came home to a modest expense check I forgot I was getting so I will be upgrading my drink of choice this evening.

maumann likes this.
  3. Chef2

Chef2 Well-Known Member

It's nights like tonight when I miss the all-nighters at the paper or at the radio station.
    The sudden stares that said "My Gosh. They're really going to do it."
    The times when nothing was coming across the wire that you checked to make sure it was still plugged in.
    The sudden rush of adrenaline when the printer started screaming and something finally came across the wire.
    The arguments between writer, editor and pressroom about giving you another hour.

Good luck everybody.

4. Neutral Corner

Neutral Corner Well-Known Member

Oh, please let Team Trump have screwed the pooch in Pa. the way Clinton did Wisc/Mich/Minn last time.

5. Neutral Corner

6. BitterYoungMatador2

BitterYoungMatador2 Well-Known Member

Good news is the last edition of the Best American Sports Writing was released today so anyone looking to buy it and avoid election coverage can.

7. Hermes

Hermes Well-Known Member

2012 was the only election of this century I didn’t feel a gnawing sense of dread day-of.

I was okay with either guy. I’m not a big fan of Romney’s policies, but he’s a good man and responsible and it was going to be okay. The Romney-Obama debates set against the 2016 and 2020 debates were Lincoln-Douglas in comparison. Bush, McCain (because Palin), and Trump were and are not okay.

Donny in his element and maumann like this.
  8. Neutral Corner

9. ChrisLong

ChrisLong Well-Known Member

1970 wasn't a presidential year. I don't remember anything about it. It must have been at a house in the next block. The workers were probablly moms of friends. Same story in 1972. Nixon vs. McGovern. Easy choice.

maumann likes this.
  10. Baron Scicluna

Baron Scicluna Well-Known Member

I wonder how many people actually remember that Don King was convicted of manslaughter.

11. Hermes

Hermes Well-Known Member

Is this the ultimate news dump day?

Shocked Trump hasn’t promised to reveal the JFK conspiracy details...but only if he’s re-elected.

maumann likes this.
  12. Fred siegle

Fred siegle Well-Known Member

1980, I voted for Anderson, from Illinois. I wanted Ted Kennedy and couldn’t forgive carter for manipulating the primaries with the bungled hostage rescue. Voted in my tiny, 1000 resident, town, in the fire house.

maumann likes this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.