1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

President Trump: The NEW one and only politics thread

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by Moderator1, Nov 12, 2016.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. 3_Octave_Fart

3_Octave_Fart Well-Known Member

Inky-

What if Mike Bloomberg bought up the loans?

Or some low character like Gramma in Rounders.

My God does this have the potential to be fun.

Driftwood and bigpern23 like this.
  2. Neutral Corner

Neutral Corner Well-Known Member

Every post or picture I see on my social media this morning features very long lines to vote.

HanSenSE and maumann like this.
  3. Neutral Corner

It occurs to me that I should have bought a bottle of Kahlua yesterday for this morning's coffee. No kids, no school, no plans to drive, already voted.

I guess I'll make do with some Amaretto.

4. goalmouth

goalmouth Well-Known Member

5. DanOregon

DanOregon Well-Known Member

Looking forward to getting off work tomorrow morning with the decision still in play and settling in for some good ol' day drinking.

maumann likes this.
  6. Splendid Splinter

Splendid Splinter Well-Known Member

7. Neutral Corner

I can't help but think that older voters who are not already Trumpkins will cast significantly fewer votes for him than they would have last time.

maumann likes this.
  8. Pilot

Pilot Well-Known Member

McEnany is predicting a Trump landslide.

So is my neighborhood (Facebook neighborhood) Qanon moron. He is convinced — convinced — Trump’s going to win by a huge margin. He thinks Trump is going to win New York! Because he think pollsters didn’t properly count in 2016 and they’re making the same mistake. There are a lot of unpolled Trump voters.

I explained the polls in 2016 weren’t off by the 30(!!) it would take to swing NY, so even if polls made the exact same mistake, the very best case for Trump is a very narrow in.

There weren’t any hidden GOP votes in 2018, but that literally means nothing to him. He can’t comprehend those facts.

Anyway, I’m not sure how people like that react when their reality is ripped away. (Maybe I’ll look silly saying that, but if NY goes red tonight we will all have bigger problems than looking silly on a message board.)

gingerbread, HanSenSE, garrow and 5 others like this.
  9. Jerry-atric

Jerry-atric Well-Known Member

My friend, I am going to need a steady drip of Kentucky’s state spirit to get through this day!

10. Neutral Corner

Looking forward to the foreclosure proceedings.

11. DanOregon

DanOregon Well-Known Member

I can see The Five on Fox sitting around in a day or two and one of them saying "of course we all love President Trump, but I think....maybe....he could have won this thing if he didn't tweet as much.....?
    And then everyone looks at each other..(can we say that now?)

gingerbread likes this.
  12. Neutral Corner

It is currently 9:20 a.m. I am not nearly despondent enough to break out the bourbon this early. I passed on the amaretto anyhow, it's just not the same. If I'd thought to buy Kahlua I'd be two or three slugs into the day by now, lol.

maumann and Jerry-atric like this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.