1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

The final presidential poll before Election Day

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by Alma, Oct 28, 2020.

?

Who will you be voting, and how?

1. Joe Biden on Election Day

16 vote(s)
    16.5%
  2. Donald Trump on Election Day

5 vote(s)
    5.2%
  3. I've already voted for Joe Biden or will be before Election Day

72 vote(s)
    74.2%
  4. I've already voted for Donald Trump or will be before Election Day

2 vote(s)
    2.1%
  5. I'm voting for/have already voted for someone

2 vote(s)
    2.1%
  1. wicked

wicked Well-Known Member

Voted early on Sunday right before Town Hall closed. Door guy marveled at the lack of a line, as if it were the exception.

2. swingline

swingline Well-Known Member

They looked up her name, she showed her ID and signed the iPad. Voted, sent the ballot through the scanner and it was accepted.

I don’t know where you live, but I’m in a majority liberal town. No matter, because Trump will carry Missouri. The days of blue Missouri are long gone.

3. Jerry-atric

Jerry-atric Well-Known Member

Who here is voting for “Drumpf”?!

4. Donny in his element

Donny in his element Well-Known Member

I live in the Platte County portion of Kansas City.

In theory, a person is to attest a certain reason for voting absentee.

How to Vote

5. maumann

maumann Well-Known Member

Why would you berate someone for voting their conscience, just because it doesn't suit your view? Whether you like the outcome or not, every person has the right to make their own decision on who they feel is the best candidate, whether that's a "wasted vote" in your opinion or not. We are a nation of 300 million, and surprise, surprise, just because someone doesn't think the way you do is none of your business.

I'd rather everyone participate in the process than have people say "my vote doesn't matter so I'm not wasting my time."

Good God, the world will not end no matter what happens Tuesday (as long as the meteor misses us again). Some people don't trust the two-party system, and I completely agree with that sentiment. Things have been better. Things have been worse. We will survive this, because we have in the past. And if we don't, it won't be because somebody voted for Player Z instead of X or Y.

If this is only about "us vs. them," then your side's inability (or worse, no attempt) to unify the country is no better than "theirs," is it? If you feel the blue states or the red states are superior (which is the whole point of Dr. Suess' Star-Bellied Sneetches), you're no better morally than the numb nut in the White House whose entire propaganda machine is built around division, because that's the black-white world he sees. I happen to see a whole lot of shades of gray, and I hope the overwhelming percentage of our country does, too.

There's a whole lot of Blue in red states, and a lot of Red in blue states. If you don't think that, you need to get out more.

I don't want to live in a black-white world, no matter who is in charge. We're the UNITED States of America, and I hope that's the case in 2021 and 2031 and 2041. Maybe it's a lost cause, but I'd like to think there's at least a handful of elected officials willing to remember that.

Last edited: Oct 30, 2020
  6. Bud_Bundy

Bud_Bundy Well-Known Member

Did the same thing here: Biden/Harris/Warner and Bobby Scott in our district. Scott has some token opposition, a guy I've never heard of before will likely never hear of again. All I know about the other guy is his slogan is "No more BS in Congress" ... same as Bobby Scott's initials. Got our ballots by mail, filled them out pretty much the same day and I drove them to the registrar's office.

7. BTExpress

BTExpress Well-Known Member

Can we fucking pin this post so it appears at the top of every page in the Politics thread?

Liut likes this.
  8. Driftwood

Driftwood Well-Known Member

People can be idealistic on Jan. 20, 2021.
    2020 is about pragmatism. Idealism is a luxury our country can not afford at the moment.

heyabbott and wicked like this.
  9. Alma

Alma Well-Known Member

Because people want power. And there is power in shaming others, regardless of the side you’re on.

10. Regan MacNeil

Regan MacNeil Well-Known Member

Like trying to preemptively shame Democrats for exercising power they don’t even have yet?

Mngwa likes this.
  11. TigerVols

TigerVols Well-Known Member

If you go to a message board and announce who you are voting for, you are indeed making it our business, and you are opening up yourself to whatever polite but stern criticism you get from people who do not agree with your opinion.

12. Baron Scicluna

Baron Scicluna Well-Known Member

Now just wait a fucking minute there, Sir.

We may get struck by a meteor?

Draft saved Draft deleted