1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

President Trump: The NEW one and only politics thread

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by Moderator1, Nov 12, 2016.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Neutral Corner

Neutral Corner Well-Known Member

If he loses Florida it is virtually impossible for him to beat Biden. He's got to fight for it or he'll be accused of worse campaign mismanagement than Hillary's in Wisconsin and Michigan.

Liut likes this.
  2. Spartan Squad

Spartan Squad Well-Known Member

Wholly agree with this. Posters who have kids have been echoing similar sentiments for months. The youth need socialization and the ability to do stupid shit with their friends. Now we're saying they can't do that and they're pissed and they're worried and they're dealing with very real mental health issues. Parties seem superficial but it really isn't when you look at opportunities to be young.

The bungled response should piss them off. The unequal enforcement should piss them off. And I hope the vote for parties. A vote for a college kegger is still a vote.

3. Neutral Corner

It looks like Trump and Pence are going to beat on the "Why didn't you do more as Vice President?" line as time runs out.

I can't for the life of me understand why the answer to that isn't "Name the successful programs that Mike Pence is responsible for."

garrow, HanSenSE and lakefront like this.
  4. Baron Scicluna

Baron Scicluna Well-Known Member

I wonder how many times Trump didn’t avoid the clap.

5. micropolitan guy

micropolitan guy Well-Known Member

Mike "Cigar Store Mannequin" Pence was in charge of the Corona Virus Taskforce. End of conversation. The fly would have done a better job.

garrow, HanSenSE, lakefront and 3 others like this.
  6. Neutral Corner

7. Songbird

Songbird Well-Known Member

The Lincoln Project tweeted out the letter on Friday night, along with a statement that promised to leave the billboards in place.

“Jared and Ivanka have always been entitled, out-of-touch bullies who have never given the slightest indication they have any regard for the American people,” the statement read in part. “We plan on showing them the same level of respect.”

8. TigerVols

TigerVols Well-Known Member

Is there a more empty phrase in the English language than "threaten to sue?"

OscarMadison and lakefront like this.
  9. 3_Octave_Fart

3_Octave_Fart Well-Known Member

The Lincoln writers could use a line editor.

10. Jerry-atric

Jerry-atric Well-Known Member

They should put those billboards in Philadelphia, Milwaukee or Detroit instead.

11. sgreenwell

sgreenwell Well-Known Member

I just think it's an ineffective strategy in general for Trump with independent, moderate and undecided voters, which is what he needs right now. "Let's keep reminding people that Biden was vice president to a widely popular president."

Neutral Corner likes this.
  12. Sam Mills 51

Sam Mills 51 Well-Known Member

Obviously, a fan of "The Apprentice" and/or of his crafted public persona. Or feels that his "leadership" - i.e., lack thereof - makes his land stronger.

Either way, flawed thinking.

garrow likes this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.