1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

President Trump: The NEW one and only politics thread

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by Moderator1, Nov 12, 2016.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Songbird

Songbird Well-Known Member

All your dreams are made
    when you're chained to the mirror
    and the razor blade ...

2. maumann

maumann Well-Known Member

My mother worries she'll never see any of us in person again.

We're so thankful we made the trip out west two years ago because it's not possible to have that same experience right now. In fact, I'm about to sell the motorhome because it's costing me money to sit in the driveway, and somebody else can enjoy it.

We caught a Gator home game for the first time in decades last fall. I don't know when I'll feel comfortable in a crowd of that size, let alone allow either of my brothers into our bubble. Church? Having friends over? Going out to eat? Nope. I need a haircut but my barber shop is the center of the redneck universe.

We have no complaints. We're not trying to earn a living or raise children or scrape together money for mortgage. The cabin is a wonderful home in a beautiful spot and well protected from the weirdness five miles away in Helen. But sooner or later, the virus will get us. There's no way to not interact with other people indirectly: at the supermarket, gas station, USPS, FedEx or UPS. Masks, wipes and hand sanitizer can only go so far.

All you can do is stay smart and hope when it does happen, you have good doctors and a well-staffed hospital and a whole lot of good luck on your side.

3. garrow

garrow Well-Known Member

4. goalmouth

goalmouth Well-Known Member

China is using QR codes to indicate a person is free of infection. Get a negative test, you are sent a code to be scanned by a retailer, theater, etc., instead of taking temperature. Restaurants use them sted of paper menus, and QR is starting to be used for transactions.

5. Songbird

Songbird Well-Known Member

What do you mean when you tell these Trump guys “vote with your pussy?”

The guys who call me are either totally submissive, or have a submissive side, which is not something they get a lot of support or validation for in their culture of machismo. My theory is that a lot of Trump supporters are secretly submissive, but feel ashamed about it and must therefore keep it a secret. With Trump, they have an excuse to be subservient, hand over their brain to the leader, and outsource their thinking and control to him. They hide their submission publicly by acting macho. But in the end, they’re still on their knees, sucking Trump’s dick. So I make them suck a dildo, or put it in their butts, pretending it’s Trump. As they do it, I make them yell, “I love getting railed by Trump!”

I point out these contradictions to them, and they start to get it. I put them in touch with their inner feminine, which they have no access to in their culture. I see it like all the homophobes on the right who are secretly gay. Many of these outwardly-macho Trump guys have a secret inner feminine side, but they don’t know how to deal with it. They don’t have an outlet for it. I give them that outlet.​

6. garrow

garrow Well-Known Member

I respect sovereignty of Slovenian nation but ally of Orban should stay out of Yankee business.

7. goalmouth

goalmouth Well-Known Member

Superspreading for 1 electoral vote. Desperation.

8. Neutral Corner

Neutral Corner Well-Known Member

9. Neutral Corner

10. maumann

maumann Well-Known Member

By holding rallies in places like deep red The Villages and Sanford instead of trying to pick up undecideds in key battleground states, Trump's handlers are tacitly admitting he's going to lose big. So for the next 10 days, they're basically treating him like Jimmy Dugan in "League of Their Own," allowing him to go out in front of an adoring grandstand of spectators who were already going to vote for him, wave his little cap and stroke his ego. At least he can't wreck any of the downballot races that way, the GOP hopes.

They needed a home run since the first debate. Instead, their imcumbent candidate can't find the batter's box with a guide dog and a compass.

11. Michael_ Gee

Michael_ Gee Well-Known Member

We're past the "persuasion" stage of the campaign, for both parties and well into "turning out your voters" (56 million people have already voted). The candidates almost always focus on areas of their strongest support in closing stages of campaigns. Florida is nothing if not a battleground state. This Trump maneuver is Campaign 101, not a sign of foreknowledge of defeat.

12. Neutral Corner

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.