1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

President Trump: The NEW one and only politics thread

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by Moderator1, Nov 12, 2016.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Junkie

Junkie Well-Known Member

You don't think the entire state of Texas will get a little riled up by this? That's a winnable state for Biden, but it's going to be very close, and close may slip through his fingers if a small number (over-) react to this at the polls.

It means nothing to me that he said that. In fact, what he said was spot-on accurate. But I understand logic and words and stuff. A lot of people don't.

Jerry-atric likes this.
  2. BitterYoungMatador2

BitterYoungMatador2 Well-Known Member

he don’t work here.

3. Junkie

Junkie Well-Known Member

It is you. And me. And everyone who understands stuff. Does that last thing sound like anyone who might vote for Trump? There is, I believe, a good number in certain states floating away from Trump. In a state like Texas, where a statement like that is heard as "THEY TOOK 'RRRR JOBS!!!" it could be the difference between Biden carrying the state, which is certainly in play, or not carrying it. It's a big deal, and will become bigger as the Trump campaign exploits it over the next few days.

Mngwa likes this.
  4. BitterYoungMatador2

BitterYoungMatador2 Well-Known Member

I watched the first three episodes of the documentary on Showtime about The Comedy Store. Guaranteed I had a happier night than y’all.

OscarMadison and maumann like this.
  5. Azrael

Azrael Well-Known Member

The transition from fossil fuels has been underway for half a century. Longer if you count nuclear.

Uncontroversial.

But I agree that people hear what they want to hear.

Mngwa likes this.
  6. Neutral Corner

Neutral Corner Well-Known Member

None are close enough to throw rocks?

7. Jerry-atric

Jerry-atric Well-Known Member

Sometimes a politician needs to say what needs to be said even if it means losing Texas.

8. Scout

Scout Well-Known Member

So how in the world does Trump get away with saying he’s not going to fund Democratic states?

In a sane world, how does he even get by with that?

Could Biden dare utter he’s not going to fund the south?

9. sgreenwell

sgreenwell Well-Known Member

I live in Texas. My wife was hired by an energy company, partly because she can do oil exploration stuff, but also because you still need seismologists when it comes to things like placing wind turbines and solar farms. I don't think people actually in the energy industry will be swayed by Trump's rhetoric - it's a transition that pretty much all of them except Exxon have been making, with the pandemic hastening it because of the collapse in demand it caused. I think it's only effective as an appeal to someone not involved in that industry.

2muchcoffeeman likes this.
  10. Neutral Corner

Neutral Corner Well-Known Member

Why would he? He will.

11. Junkie

Junkie Well-Known Member

I hope that's right. But people who would flip to Trump last-minute over an accurate statement by Biden, well ...

12. Jerry-atric

Jerry-atric Well-Known Member

Black people can be quite violent, unfortunately.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.