1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

NFL Week 7: Generic QB number, generic thread title, generic team name

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by 2muchcoffeeman, Oct 21, 2020.

1. DanOregon

DanOregon Well-Known Member

I just don't get why Gase gets any credit for Manning's success. Manning was 37 when Gase showed up. He goes to Chicago as the OC and the team finishes 18th in total offense. THAT is who he is. Don't know why Miami bit, have no idea why the Jets picked him up.

2. DanielSimpsonDay

DanielSimpsonDay Well-Known Member

Because Jets

3. DanOregon

You look at his resume and there just isn't much there except for Manning. There are some really dumb people who run NFL teams.

4. HappyCurmudgeon

HappyCurmudgeon Well-Known Member

Yep...and usually they own the Jets or the Bengals. Cincinnati hired Zac Taylor because he just happened to...play Friday Night poker games with Sean McVay

5. DanOregon

I kind of think incompetents tend to hire people who either will "just be grateful for the chance," don't realize how crummy the organization is, or won't be too demanding of the ownership/will be intimidated enough by the front office that they'll be good soldiers.

6. outofplace

outofplace Well-Known Member

I don't remember. I just remember that he wasn't good at all.

7. HappyCurmudgeon

HappyCurmudgeon Well-Known Member

It feels like Leinart used football as a springboard to getting a TV studio job. Which probably isn't the worst idea.

8. Batman

Batman Well-Known Member

9. sgreenwell

sgreenwell Well-Known Member

It's the NFL. They're moving it out of the prime time spot, because if it was there, it's the elephant in the room the entire time.

10. Della9250

Della9250 Well-Known Member

They moved it because if the game gets cancelled, then they don't have a Sunday night game.

HanSenSE and sgreenwell like this.
  11. playthrough

playthrough Moderator Staff Member

And the sucky hire will be compounded by how Taylor will work every last day of his contract. Mike Brown doesn't pay coaches not to work.

12. tapintoamerica

tapintoamerica Well-Known Member

Sonny Jurgensen is a Duke guy.

Draft saved Draft deleted