1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

President Trump: The NEW one and only politics thread

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by Moderator1, Nov 12, 2016.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. heyabbott

heyabbott Well-Known Member

2. Inky_Wretch

Inky_Wretch Well-Known Member

3. Inky_Wretch

If we can elect Trump in 2016, can we get Jon Stewart in office sometime in the future?

4. Inky_Wretch

garrow likes this.
  5. Alma

Alma Well-Known Member

No thanks. Nor would he want it. Stewart handles criticism of any kind poorly.

6. HanSenSE

HanSenSE Well-Known Member

How did he get his own copy in the first place? No way in hell, I hope and pray, he was allowed to have his own camera in there during the interview. He either obtained it illegally or he's bluffing with 10-2 offsuit.

7. champ_kind

champ_kind Well-Known Member

If Trump thinks that 60 Minutes interview makes him look good, he's clearly not going to accept the election results. No surprise, but dude just lives in a fantasy world.

OscarMadison and Mngwa like this.
  8. HanSenSE

HanSenSE Well-Known Member

Who didn't see this coming?

EDIT: There's excerpts of this all over teh Twitterez from all the usual sources, but I won't clog the thread with them. But so far, the quotes from Trump appear to be SSDD.

Last edited: Oct 22, 2020
    OscarMadison and garrow like this.
  9. wicked

wicked Well-Known Member

10. WriteThinking

WriteThinking Well-Known Member

Not having known about that law, I do have to say, I don't really get it. Who cares what people wear when they go to vote? To make such an issue of it seems excessive.

If people aren't making up their own minds when they're voting, that's their problem. It just means they were unsure of what they were going to do to begin with -- and who would really know if that were the case, or not, anyway?

11. sgreenwell

sgreenwell Well-Known Member

Trump's biggest issue has been losing the support of women voters from 2016 to 2020.

In the past two weeks, he's publicly complained about Savannah Guthrie, Leslie Stahl and Kristen Welker, and begged women suburban voters to support him. oof.

Fred siegle and Mngwa like this.
  12. BTExpress

BTExpress Well-Known Member

I guess it depends on what denominator you use. "Voter eligible" or "voting age." JFK-Nixon's 62.8% turnout is based on voting age (voter eligible would have been a somewhat higher number, likely around 70%).

Bottom line: Turnout will not be "highest in a century" because it ain't topping 1960.

Voter turnout in the United States presidential elections - Wikipedia

maumann likes this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.