1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

The Soccer Thread (Version 11)

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by Webster, Sep 12, 2020.

1. Inky_Wretch

Inky_Wretch Well-Known Member

Ronaldo winds up positive for Covid ... less than 24 hours after posting photos with the rest of the Portugal squad.

2. Spartan Squad

Spartan Squad Well-Known Member

How, how was Mane offside?

3. Regan MacNeil

Regan MacNeil Well-Known Member

He wasn’t. Just like VAR should have sent off Pickford but didn’t even check.

LiVARpool, my fucking ass.

4. Spartan Squad

West Ham at the death come back from 3-0 to go level with Spurs. Incredible.

Webster likes this.
  5. Webster

Webster Well-Known Member

That tying goal. Woof.

6. Spartan Squad

That ball had no business going in, but once it got past that first wall of people, there was no chance for the keeper. Bad clearance but a helluva strike.

7. Webster

I was working out and watched through the 75th minute. No idea that the Hammers scored 3 until I got a bunch of holy crap texts.

Spartan Squad likes this.
  8. Webster

I’m still watching the second Man United goal yesterday on repeat. Fantastic team goal.

9. micropolitan guy

micropolitan guy Well-Known Member

Villa is 4-0-0, 12 points. Unbelievable.

10. Webster

Really enjoying the CBS sports red zone style show for the UCL.

11. DanOregon

DanOregon Well-Known Member

Kind of a weird question, but why do the seats on the bench for high level soccer matches always look like they were pulled out of a Porsche or Lambo? I understand sponsorship and such, but they don't even look comfortable to sit in (if you sat in them fully) let alone the way most reserves sit on the edge leaned forward to watch the action on the field.

12. Webster

My guess is that they really want that super high back on the chairs so that you can read the sponsor even if someone is sitting in it. They do not look like they would be comfortable

Draft saved Draft deleted