1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Week 7 College Football Thread

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by Chef2, Oct 12, 2020.

1. BTExpress

BTExpress Well-Known Member

You can have the best player on any team in the nation, and if they play Tennessee, the player who gives that team the best chance to win is Tennessee QB Jarrett Guarantano. It is beyond belief that a FIFTH-YEAR senior starting quarterback is no better than the second-worst QB in his conference.

2. Cosmo

Cosmo Well-Known Member

Florida State straight kicking North Carolina's ass right now. So weird.

Liberty goes up to New York and hammers Syracuse. Also weird.

3. Batman

Batman Well-Known Member

Kentucky has gained 451 yards combined in its last two games, and won them by 22 and 27 points.
    The week before that, they had 408 rushing yards and lost by one.
    Less is more?

4. Sam Mills 51

Sam Mills 51 Well-Known Member

It's generally weird that Chapel Hill would be a heavy favorite to beat Florida State in Tallahassee.

It's also weird that Leonard Hamilton's program would probably mop the floor with Roy's kids if insanity holds and we get a college basketball season.

Bizarro World – ACC Edition

Donny in his element likes this.
  5. Sam Mills 51

This makes me wonder what will happen if the pandemic doesn't bite down further on the season and the Flames' game scheduled later for Raleigh.

Devin Leary will carted off the field with an air case on his ankle/foot. He was the stabilizing factor that made NCSU's offense go. Has Hugh worked this level of wonders in Lynchburg, or is Syracuse really this bad? I mean, I know Duke went up to the Dome and smashed the Orange.

6. Cosmo

Cosmo Well-Known Member

Liberty has recruited really well, pretty early into their FBS tenure. We have a tournament in Amherst this weekend and I'm staying in a hotel right next to LU, and cripes, that football stadium and indoor practice facility is as nice as anybody's in the state, Tech and UVa included. Definitely not the same school I covered that once missed the FCS playoffs because it lost to Presbyterian.

7. Sam Mills 51

They (Blue) Hosed themselves.

8. Sam Mills 51

Chickens don't hoot ... but they apparently beat a team from the Plains.

9. Chef2

Chef2 Well-Known Member

Alabama is a siv on defense.
    Gave up 647 yards to Ole Miss last week.
    They're making Thurston Howell III or whatever his name is look like Joe Montana.

10. Neutral Corner

Neutral Corner Well-Known Member

Speaking of which, I just ran into this one:

Chef2 likes this.
  11. Michael_ Gee

Michael_ Gee Well-Known Member

Southern Prep Name IV, who has not impressed me in previous appearances, is tearing up Alabama's defense. The six first round draft choices on offense still make Alabama dangerous, but that defense is verging into Big 12 territory.

Chef2 likes this.
  12. Neutral Corner

Neutral Corner Well-Known Member

Draft saved Draft deleted