1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

President Trump: The NEW one and only politics thread

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by Moderator1, Nov 12, 2016.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. goalmouth

goalmouth Well-Known Member

Whoops, she was holding it upside down.

micropolitan guy likes this.
  2. garrow

garrow Well-Known Member

Is that your notepad?
    It's "a" notepad.

Fred siegle likes this.
  3. Sam Mills 51

Sam Mills 51 Well-Known Member

The Panthers beat the Falcons one year in a late-season game in Atlanta using the wildcat.

Why? Because Chris Weinke couldn't stop throwing interceptions the previous week against the Giants in Charlotte. And I was in the stands.

4. Michael_ Gee

Michael_ Gee Well-Known Member

I've cited this game here before, but in 1968, the Chiefs had a game with the Raiders and Len Dawson was hurt, and backup Mike Livingston couldn't throw more than like five yards because he had an injury. So Hank Stram ran the Straight T formation of the '30s and '40s. KC ran for about 250 yards and won 24-10. If a defense isn't prepared for something, it will get killed at the NFL level. At least the Raiders had the excuse that the Straight T went out of style 25 years previously.

5. goalmouth

goalmouth Well-Known Member

My Dad's Dunster house team won the Harvard championship in '45 but wartime travel restrictions precluded their trip to play the Yale champs. So they played the Boston University varsity instead. BU ran the Wing T, which Dunster had never seen, and won 22-16. Dad missed his only PAT of the season because of the snow.

heyabbott and 3_Octave_Fart like this.
  6. 3_Octave_Fart

3_Octave_Fart Well-Known Member

I remember a little-known quarterback named Ricky Turner running the wishbone in garbage time for the Ron Meyer-coached Colts in 1988.

7. garrow

garrow Well-Known Member

Leadership.

8. 3_Octave_Fart

3_Octave_Fart Well-Known Member

Sam-

I want to say that was '01. Didn't Weinke just play the one season?

9. HanSenSE

HanSenSE Well-Known Member

IIRC, Bill Walsh used it to run out the clock in a strike replacemenet game vs. the Giants.

10. DanielSimpsonDay

DanielSimpsonDay Well-Known Member

Stories like that never get old

11. Sea Bass

Sea Bass Well-Known Member

I was bored so I checked. It was 2006. Weinke made a rare post-2001 start, and went 34 of 61(!) with three picks.

12. Justin_Rice

Justin_Rice Well-Known Member

If Jesus were a football coach, he’d run the Unbalanced Single Wing.

The rest of you have stupid opinions.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.