1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

RIP Tab

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by The Big Ragu, Oct 16, 2020.

1. Regan MacNeil

Regan MacNeil Well-Known Member

Can’t believe no one’s brought up Dr. Enuf yet.

RC is very popular in Chicago. Haven’t had one since I was a kid, but it went great with pizza.

I Should Coco and Liut like this.
  2. Corky Ramirez up on 94th St.

Corky Ramirez up on 94th St. Well-Known Member

I haven’t seen this particular cartoon in probably 35 years, yet I remember everything that occurred both before and after this.

3. Liut

Liut Well-Known Member

Thanks! You might be on to something, Oscar. SOME cajun food did mess with me that way when I lived in the South.

However, jambalaya did not and I scarfed down a ton of that stuff.

OscarMadison likes this.
  4. Scout

Scout Well-Known Member

5. DanielSimpsonDay

DanielSimpsonDay Well-Known Member

[​IMG]

6. micropolitan guy

micropolitan guy Well-Known Member

I was back in WNY this summer, and almost every restaurant had RC Cola.

Liut likes this.
  7. Songbird

Songbird Well-Known Member

The commercials were much better than the bite.

8. OscarMadison

OscarMadison Well-Known Member

Jambalaya probably has the least amount if any. Watch out for gumbo, boudin, and dirty rice.

Liut likes this.
  9. mpcincal

mpcincal Well-Known Member

Squirt's still readily available; my dad always has a supply on hand for his mixed drinks, although it's pretty great on its own a very underrated soda. Another unique one I like to pick up once in a while is the Cactus Cooler (orange-pineapple concoction).

I love all this talk about soft drinks, old and current. I was a about 10 when the cola wars were heating up and we had the famous "Pepsi Challenge" (I always picked Pepsi). Back then, the big sodas were Coke, Pepsi and 7-up ("The Uncola"). RC was always on the shelves also, so I had that once in a while.
    At one point, I remember a brand called C&C Cola making its inroads into Southern California. My mom would pick it up at the store and I remember really liking it. Don't see it anymore, but some research shows it's still alive and kicking.

Other defunct sodas I remember:

Aspen, an apple-flavored soda that was popular for awhile when I was in junior high.
    The original lemon-lime Slice, which I remember as a tangier version of 7-up/Sprite.
    Sunkist orange soda
    Pepsi Free, a no-caffeine option that would not even be remembered today if not for the diner scene in "Back to the Future."
    Crystal Pepsi, which hit the market when I was in college and didn't last too long.
    And finally, Pepsi Light, with the touch of lemon and the blue can, and one of the best soft drink commercials ever with NFL players:

Liut likes this.
  10. wicked

wicked Well-Known Member

11. Regan MacNeil

Regan MacNeil Well-Known Member

I’d kill you all to experience an Ecto Cooler for the first time again.

Donny in his element likes this.
  12. goalmouth

goalmouth Well-Known Member

I have a 50-foot sassafrass tree in the backyard. Riches await!

OscarMadison likes this.
Draft saved Draft deleted