1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Muh Muh Muh My Corona (virus)

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by Twirling Time, Jan 21, 2020.

1. doctorquant

doctorquant Well-Known Member

Well, then everything I ever thought about him was true.

2. RickStain

RickStain Well-Known Member

I’ve been twice in the last two months. Once with kid, we were two of four people in a theater that seats 120.

The other time we took the entire house: 4 adults and 8 kids. We were able to rent an entire private showing for $100, cheaper than buying individual tickets

3. BTExpress

BTExpress Well-Known Member

And if you go to a weekday noon matinee, that's the kind of experience you should expect. Put your mask on. No reason to avoid it.

4. 2muchcoffeeman

2muchcoffeeman Well-Known Member

upload_2020-10-16_23-17-49.jpeg

swingline likes this.
  5. OscarMadison

OscarMadison Well-Known Member

Dear people who bristle when I try to gently explain that I can't just pop in for whatever reason they think they need my carcass right there in front of them and vice versa,

I try to not mention that I am sheltering in place until you or someome like you insists on me coming in, you coming to me, and so on. Then I try to couch it in terms that I need to limit contact. When you don't get it, I tell you I am sheltering in place. My mother is with me, she's 80, I am immunocompromised. Guess what? There is a middle ground where I respect your choices about how you want to conduct yourself and you respect mine. If you don't want the work, just say no. Don't try to wear me down so I will do things on your terms and only your terms.

Have you noticed I'm one of those people who does not raise her voice when she is angry? Have you noticed that I prefer to not waste your time or mine? Probably not.

What you don't understand is that when you make me do multiple (as in two days, hours of my time, and a total of sixteen) phone calls and I call someone else and they act like it's no big deal, then give me a date, time, and price to do the job and I can go about my day being a bad influence for a living, guess who gets my business?

6. micropolitan guy

micropolitan guy Well-Known Member

So, those statements are false? So 217,000 people have not died? So the economy isn't in the shitter? Good to know.

Spartan Squad and 2muchcoffeeman like this.
  7. 3_Octave_Fart

3_Octave_Fart Well-Known Member

Your risk assessment and Stain's is different than mine.

That's what this whole stupid thing is about, and then that other people can't accept it.

OscarMadison likes this.
  8. BTExpress

BTExpress Well-Known Member

Regardless of where they are now, if/when they get worse in 2021 and beyond, THAT will be blamed on this administration.

Just as the GOP blamed the 2008 recession on Democrats pressuring banks to make mortgages easier for low-income people, and they blamed Obama for <2 percent growth numbers.

Anything good that happens . . . my guy did it! Anything bad . . . my guy inherited it! Every time.

9. Azrael

Azrael Well-Known Member

goin' great!

10. 2muchcoffeeman

11. 2muchcoffeeman

12. poindexter

poindexter Well-Known Member

The President of the United State's answer to maybe the worst catastrophe in my lifetime was to say that the virus would simply disappear... and h0ld a SuperSspreader event.

There's no frigging "both sides" here. GTFO of here.

Draft saved Draft deleted