1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

RIP Tab

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by The Big Ragu, Oct 16, 2020.

1. Deskgrunt50

Deskgrunt50 Well-Known Member

One time when I was little I took a drink of grandma’s “Coke.” It tasted funny and she made sure I didn’t do that any more.

Learned later that grandma’s “Coke” was more often than not Tab and Jim Beam.

2. Deskgrunt50

Deskgrunt50 Well-Known Member

My lord what an era. But forgot the sexism, who thought “mind sticker” was a great tag line?

3. apeman33

apeman33 Well-Known Member

Yes. Two years ago in a store in Fort Scott, Kansas. Two 12-packs of cans in a cooler.

One of my former contacts for a lot of old-time high school info is going to miss it greatly. It's his favorite drink. When he can't find it, he orders cases on Amazon.

cjericho likes this.
  4. wicked

wicked Well-Known Member

I totally forgot about Surge. I downed a lot of that in my late teens. It made a comeback a few years ago. Burger King has or had it on their soda fountains.

Faygo is bottled in Detroit and like all things, you can find it further afield nowadays but it’s still mostly a Midwest thing.

Liut likes this.
  5. Songbird

Songbird Well-Known Member

Car broke down middle of nowhere Kansas and spent 3-4 days in Fort Scott. The Bourbon County Fair was high entertainment. Don't remember seeing Tab at the corner store.

6. TrooperBari

TrooperBari Well-Known Member

The one and only correct answer.

TigerVols likes this.
  7. DanielSimpsonDay

DanielSimpsonDay Well-Known Member

[​IMG]

Liut, Deskgrunt50 and misterbc like this.
  8. Jerry-atric

Jerry-atric Well-Known Member

I still buy Faygo “Red Pop” from time to time, as well
    as Faygo “Cotton Candy” flavored soda, usually after a strenuous ride.

9. Hermes

Hermes Well-Known Member

Twice the amount for half the price was a damn good selling point when your alowance was two dollars aweek.

10. OscarMadison

OscarMadison Well-Known Member

Might be the sassafrass. Do you avoid Cajun dishes as well? File powder is made of sassafrass.

Liut likes this.
  11. Spartan Squad

Spartan Squad Well-Known Member

I think it depends where you are. I just saw signs in my area that they were selling it. But a quick Google says it may not be permanent.

Liut likes this.
  12. cyclingwriter2

cyclingwriter2 Well-Known Member

in the late 1980s, an urban legend started at my school in Pennsyltucky that Jolt was being taken off the market and the only place you could still get it locally was at hoagie shop. Im curious what that owner thought when there was a line of pre-teens lined up at his door all trying to buy Jolt.

Draft saved Draft deleted