1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Muh Muh Muh My Corona (virus)

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by Twirling Time, Jan 21, 2020.

1. Azrael

Azrael Well-Known Member

I was curious about this.

While marriage has declined over time, it's still a thing.

There were more than 2 million US weddings last year.

And nearly 50% of the American population over age 15 are married.

2. Azrael

Azrael Well-Known Member

Screenshot_2020-10-16 peloton stock - Google Search.png

3. poindexter

poindexter Well-Known Member

The year started with this woman going from a size zero all the way down to a size zero after a year of Peletoning.
    [​IMG]

4. maumann

maumann Well-Known Member

Instead of making fun of that commercial, I should have bought the damn stock. Same with Zoom.

5. ChrisLong

ChrisLong Well-Known Member

A friend is the VP-Sales for an exercise equipment company. His sales are up 400 percent from last year.

6. TigerVols

TigerVols Well-Known Member

Pele toning.

7. sgreenwell

sgreenwell Well-Known Member

To be fair to you, you probably couldn't anticipate that their sector of the market would be up 400 percent, per Chris Long's post, because of a global pandemic. If you want to try it again, you could jump in on Ruby Tuesday or Hertz stock. ;)

SFIND and maumann like this.
  8. HC

HC Well-Known Member

I don't know about the US but here in Canada nothing much changed legally for JR and I when we got married. If we had split up after just 'living together' for 15 years we still would have had to deal with division of property, etc. We had the wedding two years ago for personal reasons but we were just as 'married' before the ceremony as afterwards.

9. Mngwa

Mngwa Well-Known Member

The institution of marriage is inherently sexist. I'm a talking about the behavior of people inside the marriage or anything like that, but marriage is sexist. I understand why some people don't want to do it. If I had to go back I would never change my name like I did. But having said that, there is no question that having that piece of paper absolutely protects you if there's unexpected death or you split up.

10. qtlaw

qtlaw Well-Known Member

I wouldn't do any indoor training or classes but I have gone back swimming into the pool and using outdoor showers. Great for the soul.

OscarMadison likes this.
  11. Inky_Wretch

Inky_Wretch Well-Known Member

I’ve tried a few CrossFit workouts at home. They just aren’t the same as doing it in a 20-person class. I miss it.

12. RickStain

RickStain Well-Known Member

I was able to sell a lot of my home exercise equipment I wasn’t using on Craigslist for more than I paid at retail, and I could have gotten even more if I felt like gouging.

My nephew and I started learning golf together, as did apparently about 20% of the population. Used clubs and tee times sell out almost as soon as they are put up.

Draft saved Draft deleted