1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

2020 MLB postseason thread

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by HanSenSE, Sep 27, 2020.

1. Spartan Squad

Spartan Squad Well-Known Member

I think for the same of time and other issues, they are. It seemed to work out giving off days in basketball, but I guess teams are really going to earn it this year.

2. Della9250

Della9250 Well-Known Member

LCS matchups are every day.

World Series is

off
    off
    off

3. MTM

MTM Well-Known Member

Call me a Kershaw apologists, but this guy nails it

4. swingline

swingline Well-Known Member

Forgot: Cardinals kicked his ass when STL was actually relevant.

5. Spartan Squad

Sorry if Kershaw can't get out of the 6th ...
    He's paid to be that ace who gives up few to no runs even if the offense doesn't show much. This offense does much of it's damage in late innings. Again, he's paid to keep it closer

6. swingline

swingline Well-Known Member

Gee, could St. Louis have used Ozuna this year?

7. HanSenSE

HanSenSE Well-Known Member

Reading about the wind in Texas reminds me it's been more than 20 years since the last major league game was played at Candlestick Point.

maumann likes this.
  8. Spartan Squad

Oh yeah, this would have been the 20th anniversary of Pac Bell Park opening. Man, I want to go back.

maumann and HanSenSE like this.
  9. bigpern23

bigpern23 Well-Known Member

In 34 postseason games, he's pitched into the seventh inning 13 times, completed the seventh six times and pitched eight innings twice. In those games, he's 10-3 with 84 IP and 30 ER for a 3.21 ERA. In the three losses, he threw 20 1/3 IP with a 6.65 ERA. The first one, in the 2014 NLDS against the Cardinals, he coughed up seven earned runs in the seventh. Against the Mets in the 2015 NLDS he gave up 3 ER, including 2 in the 7th inning. Against Boston in the 2018 World Series, he allowed 2 ER in the 1st inning, one in the 6th and 1 in the 7th.

So, I guess that checklist applies to three of his 15 postseason losses, and I'm not including two losses he suffered in relief during his rookie season.

10. qtlaw

qtlaw Well-Known Member

Kershaw has not been the same in postseason but even being a Giants fan I feel for the guy because he’s sooooo much a stud. If postseason wa only thing that counted Mark Lemke and Andrew Jones would be HOFers right?

TigerVols likes this.
  11. Della9250

Della9250 Well-Known Member

I wouldn't use the latter as an example of someone who doesn't belong in the hall of fame, because he's really, really close as it is and a lot of people think he belongs (and he's 55 percent of the vote from being in)

12. qtlaw

qtlaw Well-Known Member

Baseball's brutal; like Smith last year who gave up Kendrick's HR, roasting Roberts for inserting Graterol is just not right. According to Darling last night, Graterol had not allowed an inherited runner to score all year, either reg or postseason (Smith had similarly prevented any inherited runners in the post-season).

Draft saved Draft deleted