1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Muh Muh Muh My Corona (virus)

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by Twirling Time, Jan 21, 2020.

1. Mngwa

Mngwa Well-Known Member

There are going to be millions of people shocked when the virus didn't disappear after the election. Maybe they'll start wearing masks then

2. The Big Ragu

The Big Ragu Moderator Staff Member

Sorry. Wasn't getting it.

TigerVols likes this.
  3. DanielSimpsonDay

DanielSimpsonDay Well-Known Member

the problem isn't bad trump jokes it's criticism of bad trump jokes

SFIND, Fred siegle, HanSenSE and 5 others like this.
  4. Starman

Starman Well-Known Member

how embarrassing for comedians

SFIND and HanSenSE like this.
  5. Inky_Wretch

Inky_Wretch Well-Known Member

6. The Big Ragu

The Big Ragu Moderator Staff Member

Maybe they followed guidelines from local officials, but that many people getting infected suggests that no, they didn't do everything right.

I'd love to know how many people were in most of those classes. They can claim they were cleaning and people were masked and the bikes were 6 feet apart, but the basic premise of putting a group of people indoors in the same room, where they are all breathing hard, sounds like it violates the most common-sense basic thing about transmission of this virus.

TigerVols, OscarMadison and Dyno like this.
  7. Moderator1

Moderator1 Moderator Staff Member

8. Inky_Wretch

Inky_Wretch Well-Known Member

Same.

OscarMadison likes this.
  9. OscarMadison

OscarMadison Well-Known Member

Gym, church, artist co-op grocery store...

10. WriteThinking

WriteThinking Well-Known Member

Not to really be contrarian, but, no, they're not married.

If they were married, they'd be married. Seems like nobody marries these days. I don't know if it's a condemnation of marriage, an opportunity for people to have their cake, and eat it, too, or a good yet ultimately non-committal way to deal with the often expensive economic realities of independent living. (I actually think it's the latter, more than anything). But it's a noticeable change from the social norms of a generation ago.

11. Cosmo

Cosmo Well-Known Member

Gym has been fine. You won't catch me in any group classes, though. I enjoy a good spin class but it seems like a terrible idea.

12. Alma

Alma Well-Known Member

Now if we want to talk about inessential in a pandemic, we can start with indoor gyms. I cancel my membership as fast as I possibly could last spring. i’m not some big virus freak out person, but, at the time, I couldn’t think of a hotter spot for the virus

I gotta think Peloton has had a nice year

Draft saved Draft deleted