1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

NFL Week 6 thread: Godspeed, Sneeze Achiu

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by Cosmo, Oct 14, 2020.

1. Hermes

Hermes Well-Known Member

Anyone who calls Myles Garrett a lunatic isn’t worth reading.

2. Splendid Splinter

Splendid Splinter Well-Known Member

3. Junkie

Junkie Well-Known Member

I should have put that in quotes. I was using Oop's word.

4. poindexter

poindexter Well-Known Member

I will believe it when i see it. My understanding is a team has to pay him 6 million for the rest of this season.

As Mr. Pitt said on Seinfeld, while looking at the crazy picture: "I can't see it, Elaine".

5. outofplace

outofplace Well-Known Member

He did act like a lunatic at the end of the game last year. Writing that he acted like a lunatic in a given moment is not the same thing as calling him a lunatic, which would imply that he is that way all the time.

Garrett is a fantastic player. He absolutely dominated the first meeting of those two teams last year and could very well do so again. I know the rest of the defense isn't good. Mayfield really is the key. The Steelers' secondary is not playing well at all, so Beckham could have a lot of room to make plays.

6. HappyCurmudgeon

HappyCurmudgeon Well-Known Member

The Jets have to pay him his remaining salary this season minus whatever he earns from the team he signs with, which will almost surely be whatever the minimum is for his years in service.

poindexter likes this.
  7. da man

da man Well-Known Member

The only one of those three teams that makes any sense to me is Buffalo.

KC has a big-time rookie RB and chemistry (to which Bell is surely a threat). Miami is going with youth. Buffalo has Singletary, who shows flashes, but a consistent threat in the backfield (which Bell definitely was until...) would really be a boost to that offense.

8. TheSportsPredictor

TheSportsPredictor Well-Known Member

Odell just got sent home with a case of not-the-VID-just-yet. Coronavirus is not on the Browns’ side.

And while I’ll agree the Browns haven’t beat anyone you’d brag about to your grandfather, they would have lost one or two of those over the past 15 years. Steelers will be a true test, but the Browns finally ain’t a kid playing dress up for the big game Sunday.

9. Junkie

Junkie Well-Known Member

Definitely acted like one. I can't think of a worse moment in Cleveland sports history. I believe his is contrite, however.

And if Mayfield is the key, the Browns are not going to win this week. He's mediocre and banged up and playing against a very good defense. Not a good combo.

10. Junkie

Junkie Well-Known Member

The Browns definitely have moved away from the kids table finally, in large part because they finally have a head coach who seems to understand how headphones work, but they have a long way to go. That said, a 9-7/10-6 season (the remaining schedule makes that appear feasible as much as their talent) and a one-and-done in the playoffs would be a spectacular accomplishment, thanks to subterranean standards.

11. Baron Scicluna

Baron Scicluna Well-Known Member

Geese, first the Rams destroy them in the first three innings, now this.

Splendid Splinter likes this.
  12. outofplace

outofplace Well-Known Member

It is not, but for some reason, that pass defense is nowhere near as good as people thought it would be. It certainly isn't as good as it was most of last season.

Draft saved Draft deleted