1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Running thread of people with COVID-19... get well Tom Hanks and Rita Wilson

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by Scout, Mar 19, 2020.

1. Moderator1

Moderator1 Moderator Staff Member

Nick Saban

2. MTM

MTM Well-Known Member

3. Webster

Webster Well-Known Member

Hopefully he has some form of supplemental insurance.

4. Jerry-atric

Jerry-atric Well-Known Member

Get well soon, Coach!

5. OscarMadison

OscarMadison Well-Known Member

Mauman, keeping your family in my prayers. (I supposedly hurt the dean of Canterbury's feelings, so I'm probably going to hell, but I'll light a candle anyway.)

ChrisLong, maumann and Webster like this.
  6. maumann

maumann Well-Known Member

Thanks. She won't be 52 until January, she's been a vegetarian since high school and skinny compared to her three brothers. No major health issues, although you can never be certain with this.

The good thing: She's had a number of cases in her practice, so she'll know what to do and who to call if it goes south.

On the other hand, my mother has condo fever, and it's difficult to reason with her when she wants to go to Beall's or Publix or God-forsaken WalMart in the middle of this. She and Dad meet my youngest brother and his wife every Saturday at some restaurant in Brevard County, which concerns us greatly. But I'm not my mother's ... mother? Just last Sunday, she said, "I don't know anybody who has tested positive for this." Well, now you have, Mom.

2muchcoffeeman and Jerry-atric like this.
  7. qtlaw

qtlaw Well-Known Member

Best wishes to your sister as well from this part of NorCal. As for your mom, yeah I learned 5 or so years ago not to hold back when I talk to my parents like they're kids. Like now, I tell them "don't get so close to me" and "don't go out to eat" and "don't take any chances"; I mean they're in their 80s and need to be told to toe the line.

maumann likes this.
  8. maumann

maumann Well-Known Member

Yeah, we're going to have to have the "Dad, you shouldn't be driving any more" talk at some point. He didn't even realize he hit a car backing out of a parking space this summer until he got home and saw the sheet metal damage -- followed by the Satellite Beach police officer who came to the condo wanting to know about the hit and run incident.

Zoom meeting with the family: "Where's Dad?" "Talking to the policeman right now." "About what?" "Oh, he hit something with the van today." "What something?" "He's not sure if it was a post or not, so he drove home. And the policeman just showed up."

Thankfully, there was minimal damage to the other vehicle. But that's ... not good. However, I have a lawyer handy.

qtlaw likes this.
  9. OscarMadison

OscarMadison Well-Known Member

Considering Claudia Conway and Barron Trump and wonder if their families are so lost in something...Greed? Winning? If I had a child and they tested positive because of my actions, it would break me.

10. TigerVols

TigerVols Well-Known Member

Right. But you are apparently a normal human being.

Mngwa and OscarMadison like this.
  11. Jerry-atric

Jerry-atric Well-Known Member

The same can be said about Mr. Biden and his son, Hunter, revealed in embarrassing photos yesterday to have been smoking “crack.”

Give me my “simple” life any day.

12. lakefront

lakefront Well-Known Member

Don't wait on the car thing.
    We had to do that with my mother. I was scared the next thing that created a mysterious scratch on her car would be a kid on a bike or someone pushing a baby carriage.
    The plan was to use the car money for taxis or uber rides.

OscarMadison and maumann like this.
Draft saved Draft deleted