1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

NFL Week 6 thread: Godspeed, Sneeze Achiu

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by Cosmo, Oct 14, 2020.

1. da man

da man Well-Known Member

Although I will say I have a nagging feeling this might be the week Fitzpatrick finally remembers who he is and throws four interceptions in an ugly loss.

2. poindexter

poindexter Well-Known Member

The wooft isn't even competitive. Giants have had the Cowboys and Rams on the ropes the last two weeks.

3. tapintoamerica

tapintoamerica Well-Known Member

You’d think if ever there was a year when could do that, 2020 would be it.

4. Junkie

Junkie Well-Known Member

Having watched all five Browns games, and a couple Steelers games, I can unequivocally say that statement is not correct.

5. HappyCurmudgeon

HappyCurmudgeon Well-Known Member

Given the opponent is the Jets he could throw the four interceptions and still manage a win.

6. outofplace

outofplace Well-Known Member

I hope you are right, but the Steelers' schedule has been incredibly easy so far. The Browns have had a couple of tough games and won one of them last week against the Colts.

7. HanSenSE

HanSenSE Well-Known Member

Pro Bowl cancelled.

Heartbroken, I'm telling ya.

sgreenwell likes this.
  8. da man

da man Well-Known Member

Pro Bowl canceled? How could you tell?

HanSenSE likes this.
  9. Jake from State Farm

Jake from State Farm Well-Known Member

10. Splendid Splinter

Splendid Splinter Well-Known Member

11. Junkie

Junkie Well-Known Member

Here's one reason I think the Browns might win: The Falcons just shut down because of COVID positive, which are popping up all over the league, and eventually will make their way to a town near you. The combination of 2020 + COVID + Browns history = a total shutdown of the NFL around Thanksgiving with Cleveland at 9-1.

Seriously, though, the Browns are not good. They have a nice little record going, but when you have a bad defense, which is one very good lunatic away from being among the worst of all time, and a very mediocre quarterback (the offense is the opposite of the defense, ALL good players except one), you're not destined to win a lot of games, especially against better teams. The teams Cleveland has beaten are a combined 7-12-1, with the Colts accounting for a lot of the 7. The Colts' victories came over teams that are a combined 6-14, with four of those coming from the Bears, who most on here agree are a mirage.

12. goalmouth

goalmouth Well-Known Member

The virus doesn't care about your parlay.

Draft saved Draft deleted