1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Fun and interesting twitter

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by Neutral Corner, Feb 13, 2018.

1. 2muchcoffeeman

2muchcoffeeman Well-Known Member

garrow and heyabbott like this.
  2. Neutral Corner

Neutral Corner Well-Known Member

3. Chef2

Chef2 Well-Known Member

4. MTM

MTM Well-Known Member

These have been going around the last couple days. This is one of the better ones

maumann likes this.
  5. Spartan Squad

Spartan Squad Well-Known Member

6. 2muchcoffeeman

Here kitty kitty ….

7. Neutral Corner

Not sure backing away was the play, but I guess he got away safe.

8. 2muchcoffeeman

She didn’t want him there, but didn’t seem willing to attack unless he’d gotten aggressive. Definitely a female cat. Probably cubs around somewhere nearby. Mama wanted him gone.

Bear spray will work in that particular situation — as long as you know where the cat is.

9. Neutral Corner

It's the "followed him for six minutes" part that makes me feel that he pushed the prey button. Mama with cubs seems unlikely to chase someone who is moving away from them and has gone that far.

10. 2muchcoffeeman

If she was stalking him as prey, he wouldn’t have video of her. Cougars are incredibly stealthy — the guy in the second video was incredibly lucky he heard anything from the cat sneaking up on him. That’s what leads me to believe she had cubs to defend — she seems very interested in just scaring him off.

11. Neutral Corner

Those little bluff charges would have scared my ass right on off. I might have picked up a stick for a club or a couple of rocks to throw, but then you get into not breaking eye contact.

Stuff like that hits something very primal, the same button that sharks push. Man as a prey animal does bad things to our monkey hindbrains.

12. Neutral Corner

Ah, second video I'd buy cubs. The first not so much.

If you ever run into something scary in the woods, a wild boar or a bear or something, you'll be amazed by how fast you can shinny up a skinny pine tree that you would have sworn you couldn't climb.

Draft saved Draft deleted