1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

2020-2021 NFL Coaching Carousel

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by TigerVols, Oct 5, 2020.

1. sgreenwell

sgreenwell Well-Known Member

Along similar lines today, I suppose, is that I learned the interim coach for the Texans is Romeo Crennel, who made history by becoming the oldest NFL head coach at 73. Maybe you HAVE to get O'Brien out of the building anyway, so that he can't trade more draft picks away, but if the best in-house candidate to replace O'Brien is Crennel, I don't think that's going to have much effect on the W-L record.

Splendid Splinter likes this.
  2. hondo

hondo Well-Known Member

I can promise you, if the Jaguars get to 5-6 wins, Marrone won't get fired. He and the GM (Caldwell) have got the owner convinced that he needs to let them see their draft haul from trading Ramsey through at least through next year. They had 12 draft picks this year and so far have 11 next year, including two Nos. 1s. Surprisingly, most of their picks this year are panning out. The two Nos. 1s (Henderson and Chaisson) are flashing, although they're misusing Chaisson by putting his hand on the ground. The No. 2 (Shenault) would be the offensive rookie of the year for the team if it wasn't for James Robinson, the undrafted free-agent who made them feel comfortable enough ditching Fournette -- and he's playing better than Fournette did his last two years. The No. 3 (Hamilton, Ohio State nose guard) is playing a lot and will be starting eventually. Collin Johnson, the Texas WR, will play more when he stops dropping passes.

3. JC

JC Well-Known Member

They did not win a super bowl because of Manning, they won one because of their defense. Manning was awful that year.

MileHigh likes this.
  4. Alma

Alma Well-Known Member

Peyton Manning was a leader in such coniderable, intangible ways that it raised the game of the men around him.

Rivers is going to do the same thing in Indy. He’s an ass, and I don’t think he’s that good, but he’s a leader. The guys around him will elevate. I think you’ll see it with Carolina and Bridgewater, too.

5. poindexter

poindexter Well-Known Member

Anybody catch that little video this weekend of Rivers smack talking a Bears defender?

Not a P Rivers fan, but it was pretty great.

6. poindexter

poindexter Well-Known Member

I don't think Marrone should be on that firing list.

7. micropolitan guy

micropolitan guy Well-Known Member

Wow. Talk about outkicking your coverage.

8. JC

JC Well-Known Member

What a load of old cliched tripe.

I don’t think you watched any football that year, they won in spite of him. He could barely throw the ball 20 yards, he was throwing ducks.

If this magical leadership and intangibles were so important why was he so often criticized for only having one ring prior to being in Denver? And why didn’t Rivers do it with far more talented teams in San Diego?

Could it because they are playing with dominant defenses?

Last edited: Oct 6, 2020
    HanSenSE likes this.
  9. Alma

Alma Well-Known Member

The ignore button is your friend. You think I'm stupid and don't know anything about really anything across many threads. Don't waste your time on me.

10. Alma

Alma Well-Known Member

Could be. I guess we'll see if the players still buy in.

11. JC

JC Well-Known Member

Can you not answer those questions?

12. Alma

Alma Well-Known Member

I believe in cliched tripe, you don't.

Draft saved Draft deleted