1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

2020-2021 NFL Coaching Carousel

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by TigerVols, Oct 5, 2020.

1. Regan MacNeil

Regan MacNeil Well-Known Member

Also, I’m not sure Beav was ever a good coach, even with the Packers. More than a decade with Rodgers and one Super Bowl?

2. Michael_ Gee

Michael_ Gee Well-Known Member

Good coach? I'll accept that. But obviously bad dictator. I mean, if I'm the owner, and I hear the coach/GM wants to trade Hopkins, my immediate reaction is to fire him before he can.

3. exmediahack

exmediahack Well-Known Member

All those years where he would take the ball out of Rodgers’ hands in the playoffs. 2009 Arizona. 2014 Seattle. 2015 Arizona.

McCarthy coached very scared in 2006 in his first year. As if he knew he wasn’t up for the job. By 2007, Favre caught this second wind and really played within the system to get to the NFC Championship.

What people don’t bring up often is the 2010 Packers were the 6-seed. Got in the last week and Rodgers was incredible. Woodson and Raji leading the defense. However, in the playoffs, Rodgers would get them a lead and then McCarthy would try to run the clock out and the lead would dwindle.

4. swingline

swingline Well-Known Member

Brainus fartus. Deleted that post.

5. Alma

Alma Well-Known Member

I see six firings:

O'Brien
    Quinn
    Gase
    Patricia
    Fangio
    Marrone

I don't know that there's a lot left to learn about the Mike Zimmer era in Minnesota, but I'm not sure it'll end. Joe Judge is a joke of a head coach, but he'll get another year.

6. outofplace

outofplace Well-Known Member

That run was all Rodgers being unstoppable. He was damn near flawless in the Super Bowl in spite of a bunch of drops by his receivers.

7. Hermes

Hermes Well-Known Member

What are the odds the Browns accidentally send out a pre-scheduled tweet that their head coach has been fired the day after the regular season ends?

It’s not remote, is it?

2muchcoffeeman and sgreenwell like this.
  8. tapintoamerica

tapintoamerica Well-Known Member

And then the gavel falls on Judge? Jury dispatches Judge to executioner ?
    So many possibilities.
    I was looking this up. Looks like the most common time for firing is after 8 games — in part because it’s the obvious halfway Mark and maybe because it coincides with a bye week.

9. Regan MacNeil

Regan MacNeil Well-Known Member

If the Bears end up missing the playoffs after starting 3-0, Nagy should get fired.

10. Chef2

Chef2 Well-Known Member

The kids in the 303 are excited about this possibility.
    Not only does Fangio have to go, but Elway as well.
    The only pick Elway has gotten correctly since his time as GM is his new wife.

[​IMG]

MileHigh likes this.
  11. Alma

Alma Well-Known Member

He got Manning, too. Won a Super Bowl because of it.

But he's a pretty awful GM since.

MileHigh likes this.
  12. Splendid Splinter

Splendid Splinter Well-Known Member

Again, the Jets want the first overall pick. Why would they want to fire Adam Gase now? Fire him when the season is done.

sgreenwell likes this.
Draft saved Draft deleted