1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Jason Whitlock vs. Maria Taylor and Katie Nolan

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by wicked, Sep 21, 2020.

1. BitterYoungMatador2

BitterYoungMatador2 Well-Known Member

Everyone wants to live in identical houses in identical communities and drive SUVs that all look the same and Then eat and shop in shopping centers that all look the same and have the same stores and restaurants.

OscarMadison and exmediahack like this.
  2. TigerVols

TigerVols Well-Known Member

And then get online and tell everyone else how they live in the best community in the country.

3. Slacker

Slacker Well-Known Member

Cosell was good at first. But then he went too far.

[​IMG]

4. 3_Octave_Fart

3_Octave_Fart Well-Known Member

Santa Clarita was called Valencia when Octave lived there. Nothing cookie-cutter about it except the paseos. I grant that has all changed.

Dick Enberg's best sport was tennis but damn if he didn't make everything he called feel like a big game, even the fourth-place Padres in August. That's the mark of talent.

IMO, the video Olbermann did on Tony Gwynn's death was his best and there were a lot of good ones.

DanielSimpsonDay likes this.
  5. Elliotte Friedman

Elliotte Friedman Moderator Staff Member

I will answer at another time, because it's a good question. I just dont have the time now.

6. Songbird

Songbird Well-Known Member

Forever Valencia.

1: Where's Magic Mountain?

2: Valencia!

MileHigh and 3_Octave_Fart like this.
  7. 3_Octave_Fart

3_Octave_Fart Well-Known Member

Songbird-

Indeed. Good times at Magic Mountain.

Andrew Lorraine came to my birthday party when we were kids. He clocked a minus-1.2 WAR in the majors for seven years.

William S. Hart High School.

I swear Valencia was mentioned in Boogie Nights but I need audio equipment to prove it.

Sorry - back to Jason.

8. ChrisLong

ChrisLong Well-Known Member

Trevor Bauer is the latest Hart star. Strong athletic programs. But, it's in the Valley, so no, just no.

9. JackS

JackS Member

Katie Nolan is really smart--smarter than the average TV personality--with a sh!tload of pop culture knowledge. She appeals to nerds, for sure. I dig her niche. But I can see her not being for everyone. It's a tough fit at ESPN.

10. poindexter

poindexter Well-Known Member

Its really not in the Valley. Its in its own Valley, the Santa Clarita valley.

My parents couldn't afford anywhere else to live when we moved back to LA in the early to mid 80s (i was in college) and they bought a place in Canyon Country. My dad died in 2010 and my mom in 2016, and we sold the house in 2017. Not sure ill ever set foot there again.

Made a lot of trips to the Mayo Newhall hospital with my parents. A LOT.

JackS likes this.
  11. poindexter

poindexter Well-Known Member

Nolan is cute and seems to have a self effacing, cute charm and personality. I have 300 channels and i never see her. Not sure why she creates this furor with certain people.

12. 2muchcoffeeman

2muchcoffeeman Well-Known Member

They have no idea what to do with her. If they put her on Around The Horn it’d be really good for both her and the show.

JackS likes this.
Draft saved Draft deleted