1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Joe Montana makes The Catch...of a kidnapper!

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by TigerVols, Sep 27, 2020.

1. TigerVols

TigerVols Well-Known Member

2. goalmouth

goalmouth Well-Known Member

I thought this was about Joe's son, Nick, who went to Tulane to play QB and wasn't seen again for two years.

Vombatus likes this.
  3. hondo

hondo Well-Known Member

Nice home security system you got there Joe. And not only let some looney-tunes in the house but she also has her hands on the kid at some point. If I'm the parents of that child I think twice before leaving them with grandma and grandpa again.

4. bigpern23

bigpern23 Well-Known Member

Do you lock your doors during the day when you’re home?

5. hondo

hondo Well-Known Member

Actually yes. And I live in what's considered to be a low-crime neighborhood

6. playthrough

playthrough Moderator Staff Member

Deskgrunt50 likes this.
  7. ChrisLong

ChrisLong Well-Known Member

The story I saw said they were staying at a house on Broad Beach Road in Malibu, aka Billionaire's Alley. The houses on the east side of Broad Beach (PCH is behind them) are more secure. The houses west of Broad Beach are beachfront and usually not as secure, especially during the day when they are opened up to let the sea breeze waft through. The Montana family was in a house west of Broad Beach. All California beaches are public, so anybody could walk down the beach and find access into some of the houses.

8. bigpern23

Fair enough. I rarely, if ever, lock my doors during the day if I'm at home, so it doesn't strike me as peculiar that Montana didn't have his locked.

9. Hermes

Hermes Well-Known Member

I have never considered NOT locking my door.

And I grew up in Mayberry, essentially.

10. Songbird

Songbird Well-Known Member

Did the ghost of Walsh diagram the first 25 steps for Montana?

11. Monday Morning Sportswriter

Monday Morning Sportswriter Well-Known Member

If I’m reading correctly, LAPD says Mrs. Montana forced the fumble and saved the kid.

So Joe is 4-1 in the biggest moments.

12. bigpern23

Really? Even when you're home? Locking doors while home during the day is basically a foreign concept to me. I'm fascinated by this. I'd love to see a show of hands for how many other SJers do this.

I grew up across the street from a police station with a low-income housing project less than a mile down the street. My parents never locked the doors, even at night. The only time they ever locked the house was if we went out of town for a few days. I'm sure that's pretty outlandish to most people. We did have a 120-pound black lab/Great Dane mix.

As a husband and father now with two young children, I lock the doors at about 7 p.m. or if we leave the house, but if I'm home, the house is usually unlocked. We live in a low-crime beach town and our dogs usually let us know if anyone is out on the street in front of the house, so I don't worry much.

Draft saved Draft deleted