1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Updated thread - What TV commercial gets on your nerves?

Discussion in 'Anything goes' started by Yawn, Dec 1, 2006.

1. Twirling Time

Twirling Time Well-Known Member

You only need to be weirded out if the commercial airs in Tennessee.

[​IMG]

2. TigerVols

TigerVols Well-Known Member

The Fan duel spot with James Harrison tackling the chubby white guy after stalking him throughout his house is pretty overtly racist

Vombatus likes this.
  3. spikechiquet

spikechiquet Well-Known Member

OK. I'll bite. Please unpack it for us.

4. Vombatus

Vombatus Well-Known Member

Well, maybe if you had slept with him...

5. HC

HC Well-Known Member

Well ... we DID both go to McGill ...

Vombatus likes this.
  6. jackfinarelli

jackfinarelli Well-Known Member

Mark and Marcus - - the two football chain gang officials who are dumber than doggy dooty - - do not make me want to buy insurance from the firm that puts them on my TV.

7. OscarMadison

OscarMadison Well-Known Member

I am really, really tired of that bearded little gnome and his scrote soap. At least morning prayer is not monetised. Seeing a thirty-second spot about the ways to properly wash "your man meat" before watching a 74-year-old-priest read from Acts of the Apostles would be so wrong.

Neutral Corner likes this.
  8. Spartan Squad

Spartan Squad Well-Known Member

I never thought I would live to see the day a song about Old Dirty Bastard going on a "where's my money" run would be used in a laundry commercial.

9. ChrisLong

ChrisLong Well-Known Member

Bass Pro Shop/Cabela's. They show a Santa set as they plead for people to "make appointments" for their kids to come in and see Santa. The set has a green bench in front of a large square of plexiglass. Santa, in a big plastic visor type of mask, is behind the screen. The helper Elves are also wearing visor type face shields. What a wonderful photo op.

10. exmediahack

exmediahack Well-Known Member

That goddamn insurance commercial with the opera singer and people leaving items on their hood. So damn sick of that song.

11. Wenders

Wenders Well-Known Member

I work in tourism and many people have been trying to figure out how to do Santa visits, socially distanced. My thoughts are there were be far fewer traumatized children this year at malls nationwide (I personally was apparently not a fan of the big bearded man as a wee baby. Mom thinks that it was because I didn't like men with beards, which doesn't track because my dad has had a beard my entire life.) but it's a crucial holiday tradition. Some are setting up so Santa can do Zoom calls with youngsters who sign up.

TigerVols likes this.
  12. Spartan Squad

Spartan Squad Well-Known Member

I'm going to laugh my ass off when Navage is sued for making people think it can prevent Covid. Wash out dangerous germs and highlighting how nasal hygiene is so important now. Clean out buggers, cool. But if Covid is in your nose ...

Batman, Wenders and Neutral Corner like this.
Draft saved Draft deleted