1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

NBC's True Story

Discussion in 'Anything goes' started by Luke Meredith, Sep 21, 2020.

1. DanOregon

DanOregon Well-Known Member

Honestly all you have to do is google "crazy but true stories" and your work is done.

OscarMadison likes this.
  2. Monday Morning Sportswriter

Monday Morning Sportswriter Well-Known Member

Or Google "Florida man." This show is based on the wrong coast.

OscarMadison likes this.
  3. Jerry-atric

Jerry-atric Well-Known Member

Poster Meredith: Several years ago, I was at an “establishment” after attending a Cincinnati Reds baseball game, and who happened to walk in? The broadcaster Thom Brennaman! Think about if that occurred now, after his “controversial” statement.

Can you imagine!

This would be an “insanely funny” story. You cannot argue with that!

4. da man

da man Well-Known Member

That is a hoot!

OscarMadison and Jerry-atric like this.
  5. TheSportsPredictor

TheSportsPredictor Well-Known Member

Was it The Birdcage?

OscarMadison likes this.
  6. DanOregon

Was his favorite "employee" not surprisingly named "Faith."

OscarMadison likes this.
  7. OscarMadison

OscarMadison Well-Known Member

Luke. Luke. Luuuuuuuuuuuuuuuke.

Do you have an agent?

I do. He's a mean sumbitch Red Sea Pedestrian whose sense of humour would be the darkest in Nashville, but isn't because I'm here. His areas of expertise are entertainment, intellectual property, and he does some patent stuff. I'm on his "as needed" team of paralegals whenever stuff gets all sciency. Our perdited circle consists of a dentist, a doctor, a couple of nurses, someone with some engineering background, and a defrocked priest. I'm inflating a bit. The defrocked priest is the dentist.

Where was I?

paralegal, agent, Luuuuuuuuuuuuuuuke...Oh, yeah!

Imagine I go into his office tomorrow, and I am not carrying anything my mother baked that I could drop on his desk to distract him and run if I needed to. Imagine I say in a chipper, nasally little voice more associated with people who start their sentences with, "Jesus, Ah just..." Imagine I say, "Luke Meredith wants me to tell him stories so Ed Helms can commit more onscreen self-abuse. There's no mention of pay and I don't think Ken Jeong is involved."

Choose your adventure here, Luke. What do you think would happen?

8. cjericho

cjericho Well-Known Member

There was a yuuuuuuge scandal at Winona State a few years ago.

9. Stoney

Stoney Well-Known Member

Worst social skills ever. Your first post asks us to help you do your job, and this is your follow up when you don't immediately get what you want?

Last edited: Sep 24, 2020
    OscarMadison and Vombatus like this.
  10. Vombatus

Vombatus Well-Known Member

How old is he?

OscarMadison likes this.
  11. DanOregon

Imagine going into a locker room and asking an athlete for a quote and they give you a cliche that says nothing and replying with "Are you shitting me?!!!"
    Seriously, this is a board full of people that rely on people to help us do our jobs - there is a way to go about it, and this wasn't it. Its called building rapport and relationships.

OscarMadison likes this.
  12. Sam Mills 51

Sam Mills 51 Well-Known Member

While Dale Carnegie might be FOS, this isn't exactly the way to win friends and positively influence anyone.

Did this style work with Kirk Ferentz or Fred Hoiberg?

Neutral Corner and OscarMadison like this.
Draft saved Draft deleted