1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Jason Whitlock vs. Maria Taylor and Katie Nolan

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by wicked, Sep 21, 2020.

1. Starman

Starman Well-Known Member

A huge bloated fatfuck is exactly the wrong person to bitch about how all the beautiful people get all the breaks because they're so pretty.

2. TigerVols

TigerVols Well-Known Member

I'd rather lick a used COVID test swab.

3. Deskgrunt50

Deskgrunt50 Well-Known Member

Last time I read anything Whitlock wrote he was constantly pushing Jeff George as every team’s QB savior. Like three years after George retired. Hell, he might still be doing it when he’s not being a sexist.

Last edited: Sep 21, 2020
    swingline, BartonK, Roscablo and 2 others like this.
  4. Alma

Alma Well-Known Member

It’s better having it here.

Whitlock’s original commentary on Taylor is, eh. Read those before. Putting Taylor is the same stratosphere as Michelle Beadle - an immense talent who, IMO, was flat out unprofessional and shitty multiple times - is a bad comp.

Last edited: Sep 22, 2020
  5. TheSportsPredictor

TheSportsPredictor Well-Known Member

And vs. Alma:

6. Inky_Wretch

Inky_Wretch Well-Known Member

Fuck. Straighten up and sweep the floors for all the newbs toting beers.

And hi, Jason, you’re a traveshamockery these days.

7. Neutral Corner

Neutral Corner Well-Known Member

Somebody's got rabbit ears.

8. Inky_Wretch

When you’re a bigtime home run hitter, you MUST check and see what random folks on a message board say about you. Probably have a Google Alert set up for it.

HanSenSE likes this.
  9. Inky_Wretch

10. Neutral Corner

Neutral Corner Well-Known Member

The Alma name check makes it feel like he ghosts the board a bit. It might be covering for his sitting home bored and Googling his own name, though.

I don't want to get anywhere near the La Brea tar pit that is Woke SJWdom vs. Maga and Breitbart Twitter. I have too much stress and too many cretins that I actually know to deal with to bother without adding that fever swamp to the hopper.

11. SFIND

SFIND Well-Known Member

I'm floored. Not only does he spend what looks to be hours getting in arguments on Twitter, but he also spends time perusing SJ to see what posters here think of him?

So much of that Tweet is confusing. He spells out sportsjournalists.com, but doesn't bother to actually link to Alma's post. What the hell are his followers supposed to do? Go diving through every forum to see what the hell he's talking about? He capitalizes "I" once and doesn't in another spot. He repeats "way off base," for emphasis for some reason, as if one mention of the phrase in written form isn't enough.

But hey, Jason, since you've apparently got nothing else to read, here's a nickel's worth of free advice: Go ring up Travis and make a plan for whatever bullshit you guys want to bitch about on the morning show sane people only ever listen to if they turn the radio on too early for Dan Patrick, and get the fuck off here, because you should be better than scouring message boards looking for references to yourself.

Oh, who am I kidding? You're as much of an egomaniac as the President. I look forward to seeing a thread on your eventual flame out with Travis; you can bet that'll be the first place I'll hear of it, because I sure won't ever learn of it by listening to Travis' shit radio show or reading his shit website that you write "takes" for.

12. SFIND

SFIND Well-Known Member

Draft saved Draft deleted