1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Running 2020 PGA Tour thread

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by TigerVols, Sep 11, 2019.

1. goalmouth

goalmouth Well-Known Member

There's no stopping what's coming. Unless the clubs start growing the rough two feet high or more.

2. Sam Mills 51

Sam Mills 51 Well-Known Member

Can see it now ... every country club will now have construct or convert rooms gyms and buy weights, benches and lots of protein shakes.

How long until men play rounds in sleeveless polos styled similar to those women have worn for generations? Nothing says a round of golf like an accompanying gun show.

3. Moderator1

Moderator1 Moderator Staff Member

They showed an interesting graphic yesterday - he was ranked in the 140s in putting four years ago, he was 10th this year. That power and shit is nice but you still have to roll it into the hole.

How many times did a mic pick him up saying "dude?"

He's going to make an interesting book someday soon.

4. Scout

Scout Well-Known Member

Drive for show...
    Putt for ...

He's making people look the sport differently, though, just by the way he sizes his clubs.

There are four holes left in the US Open, you're up four strokes, and you swing out of your shoes on your drive. Crazy, but fun to watch.

5. da man

da man Well-Known Member

In fairness, only one guy managed to finish under par.

6. Michael_ Gee

Michael_ Gee Well-Known Member

I'm not saying the strategy always works, I mean it works often enough to make it viable. DeChambeau could've folded Saturday and didn't. That's him being good. Wolff hit 2 fairways Saturday and shot 65. That didn't work today. I mean, DeChambeau was goddamn good before he decided to become Barry Bonds in sportswear. He's extremely hard to imitate. DJ shot three straight 80s, then blew the Tour playoffs away. These guys have adapted a death or glory philosophy on every shot because they believe it works, and it seems to be working more often than not, just not for the same guy each week.

7. playthrough

playthrough Moderator Staff Member

@Chef2 , shoot me a PM and you'll get your balls. Great shootin' by Bryson, still think he's an ass.

MileHigh and Chef2 like this.
  8. hondo

hondo Well-Known Member

Fuck this. Now every college kid will think this is the ticket and they could go out and play tournament golf with their driver, putter and two wedges.

9. rtse11

rtse11 Well-Known Member

I have to believe - between his size and the incredible torque he generates with his swing - he's going to be susceptible to injuries.

10. goalmouth

goalmouth Well-Known Member

My neighbor is 25, 6 feet about 165 pounds and drives 275-300. He also hits his 9 iron 160 yards. Shortens a lot of public par 4s.

11. TigerVols

TigerVols Well-Known Member

Protein shakes have been known to cause them.

12. Noholesinone

Noholesinone Well-Known Member

Over four days at Augusta, what’s the o/u for him at 13 and 15? 30?

Draft saved Draft deleted