1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

President Trump: The NEW one and only politics thread

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by Moderator1, Nov 12, 2016.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. garrow

garrow Well-Known Member

Not the most important thing I hope for this year, but hopefully this will make Trump mad.

2. heyabbott

heyabbott Well-Known Member

Those dirty fake christians question Biden’s Catholicism. And fuck her and pence, I question their religious values, or lack of them.

lakefront likes this.
  3. 2muchcoffeeman

2muchcoffeeman Well-Known Member

That’s about three times as many copies as “The Art Of The Deal” has sold.

garrow likes this.
  4. heyabbott

heyabbott Well-Known Member

Which Donald neither wrote nor read.

5. garrow

garrow Well-Known Member

And that is why his presidency has been a tragedy.

6. Della9250

Della9250 Well-Known Member

FE5ED858-11B4-4F7B-B3BB-2858DFA5C019.png

sent from a friend who got this incredible offer

7. wicked

wicked Well-Known Member

I’m sure there’s a waiting list for them.

I have not seen a pickup truck with a Biden flag flying from the tailgate. I am tempted to rent a pickup for the weekend and just drive around with a flag to balance out the Trumpers.

(FWIW, I’ve never seen so many signs/banners for a Republican presidential candidate up this way.)

8. Della9250

Della9250 Well-Known Member

9. garrow

garrow Well-Known Member

Very fine people.

10. WriteThinking

WriteThinking Well-Known Member

I wouldn't disparage anybody's completion of published memoirs. It's probably something we'd all like to do successfully ourselves.

But, I have to say, I was rather turned off to read that the Obamas' package deal of books was done to the tune of $65 million paid. Geez...

And, Crown, as a publisher may not be overshooting the projected sales of the books (based on the sales of Michelle's book, "Becoming," at least). But I kind of wonder how many of the people who buy these books -- when it's as many as anticipated, or more, as occurred with "Becoming," -- end up actually reading them. I liked Obama as President, but frankly, I can't imagine reading a 700-plus page book about him.

Just some thoughts I had.

11. Michael_ Gee

Michael_ Gee Well-Known Member

The Memoirs of Ulysses S. Grant is a great read even today. Otherwise, no. Not all Presidents have done memoirs. While Eisenhower did memoirs about the war, I don't think he did a Presidential one. Johnson I don't think did. Nixon did, but com' on. For sad obvious reasons, Reagan didn't. It's a pretty new tradition.

12. garrow

garrow Well-Known Member

Eisenhower did a presidential memoir,
    one volume of which is called Waging Peace. LBJ put one out called the Vantage Point. Carter's is okay and written by himself. 41 did one with Scowcroft...that doesn't cover domestic policy at all.

Last edited: Sep 20, 2020
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.