1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

President Trump: The NEW one and only politics thread

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by Moderator1, Nov 12, 2016.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Michael_ Gee

Michael_ Gee Well-Known Member

The one positive thing Trump has done is reveal how much of the GOP's "deep bench" are useless cowards.

lakefront likes this.
  2. Baron Scicluna

Baron Scicluna Well-Known Member

3. MileHigh

MileHigh Moderator Staff Member

Cory Gardner has been sidestepping it.

The thing is, Murkowski and Collins aren't in favor of a vote before the election. That's not the same as they would oppose the nominee. If they say they will vote against the nominee if the vote is before the election, that's different. What is their stance on having hearings, but the vote doesn't happen until after the election, in the lame-duck session?

Neutral Corner likes this.
  4. Slacker

Slacker Well-Known Member

The implication is that the shot would keep Biden awake and alert through the debate.

5. Michael_ Gee

Michael_ Gee Well-Known Member

I've already posted what I think Biden should do. As someone with at least a slight acquaintance with drugs, they are keeping Trump going with alternating uppers and downers and it's beyond obvious when he's speaking in public.

2muchcoffeeman and garrow like this.
  6. Noholesinone

Noholesinone Well-Known Member

Collins can kiss her chances goodbye with an aye vote.

7. garrow

garrow Well-Known Member

Sir, you weren't invited.

8. Slacker

Slacker Well-Known Member

Dangling Modifiers and How To Correct Them // Purdue Writing Lab

9. Baron Scicluna

Baron Scicluna Well-Known Member

Dems should also start mocking the Republicans for trying to rush this through by saying that the GOP is scared they won’t win.

Also start mocking Republicans as flip-floppers for not wanting to fill the seat in 2016 and wanting to fill it now. Flip-floppers. Repeat it over and over again.

garrow likes this.
  10. The Big Ragu

The Big Ragu Moderator Staff Member

I see it differently. I think they are so desirous of power, and are so corrupt themselves, that they they will align themselves with anyone (and Trump is the extreme of anyone) if they think it benefits them.

By calling them cowards, you are acting as if these are moral people without spines. The reality is that elected office in this country largely attracts amoral, corrupt people. I don't know that Trump is what revealed that, but he certainly has made the attempts at a false illusion impossible.

Inky_Wretch likes this.
  11. MTM

MTM Well-Known Member

garrow likes this.
  12. Jake from State Farm

Jake from State Farm Well-Known Member

FatFuck on Fox & Friends at 8 a.m. tomorrow morning

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.